Merry Christmas to all our friends, from "Misty" a

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by CajunBass, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Oh Holy Night

Oh holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
    It is the night of the dear Savior's birth.
    Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
    Till He appear'd and the soul felt its worth.

A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
    For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
    Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
    Oh night divine, Oh night when Christ was born;
    Oh night, Oh night divine, Oh night Divine.

The Book of Luke 2:1-20 (NKJV)

And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place when Quirinius was governing Syria.

So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city. Joseph also went up from Galilee out of the the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his bethrothed wife, who was with child.

So it was that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid.

Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tiding of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign to you. You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger."

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!"

So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, "Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made knows to us." And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger.

Now when they had seen Him they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't guess I have to say why this is a very special Christmas to me. No, I won't be spending it at home, and there isn't a single decoration anywhere to be seen, but I will be with the one I love most on this earth if the Lord is willing. And oh what a joy that will be.

Merry Christmas to all our friends wherever this night may find you. Rather you be at home with those you love, or in a country far away where the name of Christ is forbidden to be spoken, may God bless and keep each and every one of you.

Glory to God in the highest. And on earth. Peace and goodwill to men.

2. Hey Cajun

Merry Christmas to you and your lady also.
    The words, the brief history and the knowing of where you will be, all very inspiring.

3. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

AMEN to that! CB please pass on from my family to yours Merry Christmas

4. Bless you CB and for the reminder about what Christmas really is all about. It isn't about stuff (heck my first wife took all of it anyway), it is about being with those you love. Okay, maybe getting a new gun or ammo or targets or ....... :)

5. Cajun, God Bless you and you wife!

6. May the peace of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be with you and your family.

In His love,
    Loopster and family.

7. bud

bud Member

May God richly bless you and your bride. We have been praying
    for you daily. Merry Christmas.

8. Love you guys, blessings to all.

Cajun, may you be blessed in the New Year, pressed down, shaken together and running over. Merry Christmas.

9. elguapo

elguapo Guest

God Bless all....

10. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

+1 :!: