Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Lots of things are stronger than zamak. Lol. So I did a test fit of my JHP slide on my 1911 lower and boy howdy does that look goofy!!! Gonna have to find someone that can copy a the polyframe in alum.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Lots of things are stronger than zamak. Lol. So I did a test fit of my JHP slide on my 1911 lower and boy howdy does that look goofy!!! Gonna have to find someone that can copy a the polyframe in alum.
Well, if you do, might as well match up the lower to a double stack mag. :)

I kinda think you might be on to something here. Make them meet the 80% criteria and market them to Hi Point owners as an upgrade kit.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Id even pay up to $120. Eat the cost of the pistol, then after a while upgrade the frame... I'd love to see a traditional style of grip, and have the grip moved back... or make it look like a magnum from halo...
If I had a large 3d printer id make a carbine stock designed to take printed one off double stack mags, or sten mags
But $300 is kinda tall when you could get a cz75 or a canik tp9 uber9s. May not have the warranty or the USA build, but dollar for dollar they are a lot of gun

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
If I had a large 3d printer id make a carbine stock designed to take printed one off double stack mags,
The stock isn't the problem, it's the space in the action that the mag fits into.;)
So after you print the stock, you'll need to engineer and machine the action as well.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
U know the rule...
PIX or it Didn't Happen!!!

Id even pay up to $120. Eat the cost of the pistol, then after a while upgrade the frame... I'd love to see a traditional style of grip, and have the grip moved back... or make it look like a magnum from halo...
If I had a large 3d printer id make a carbine stock designed to take printed one off double stack mags, or sten mags
But $300 is kinda tall when you could get a cz75 or a canik tp9 uber9s. May not have the warranty or the USA build, but dollar for dollar they are a lot of gun
The stock isn't the problem, it's the space in the action that the mag fits into.;)
So after you print the stock, you'll need to engineer and machine the action as well.
Yep. I did a pretty detailed write up with pix on that... 100% Al!

·
Administrator
29,122 Posts
But Kirk...none of those is a .45.:p
The Cobra Patriot 45, which is basically a Kel Tec P11 in .45ACP, is in the ~$300 range, ims.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
My idea would be to print a double stack mag that tapers up into a single stack at the top for a round or two worth of space
Yep...the hi cap Makarov used a set up like that, with two springs and a two piece follower.

It's a possibility. When you get it working and start producing, let me know, I'll buy one.

·
Registered
Model C 9mm
3 Posts
I can't be the only one that has thought about a metal, probably aluminum frame for the Hipoint pistols. What's the word on this? Anyone hear of it?
I can't be the only one that has thought about a metal, probably aluminum frame for the Hipoint pistols. What's the word on this? Anyone hear of it?
Air gun Trigger Wood Combat pistol shooting Gun barrel
I Have one of the early 90's C9's that is all metal framed. It's not an aluminum though.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
View attachment 75932 I Have one of the early 90's C9's that is all metal framed. It's not an aluminum though.
You're quoting a post from 6 years ago, made by a member that hasn't logged on here in 2 years.

You might not get a response from him. I would suggest checking the dates of threads before you post, and look for the notification from the forum about it being an old post.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Line

21 - 32 of 32 Posts