metal mag release button c9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Parts and Accessories For Sale or Trade' started by cmetzger, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmetzger

cmetzger Member

So I was wondering of there were any ways to source an aftermarket metal magazine release button for the c9 instead of the plastic. No particular reason just think it would be neat and unique. Do any fabricators like Joey do anything like this? Thanks alot you guys!!

2. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Try PMing Thingmeister, I know he makes the conversion mag releases that allows you to use 1911 mags in the jhp/4595, but don't know if he makes just mag release buttons. Oh! Try Longshot Mfg, I think they do!

3. cmetzger

cmetzger Member

I must be stupid and I'm sorry to be a pest but I don't see anything on that website for the hi point c9 mostly just accessories for the carbines. Thank you very much for your reply

4. sarahsmom

Sorry, try it again. Took a couple of times to remember the exact web address.

5. sarahsmom

Oh, your right. It was the charging handles for the carbines. Sorry again. Do try Thingmeister, though.

6. cmetzger

cmetzger Member

Will do thanks alot for the help! I was gonna get some grips from him in a few days anyways so maybe he could do that as well

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Doesn't sbucho (sp?) do oversized mag releases?

8. cmetzger

cmetzger Member

I was thinking those were just for the carbines. I could be wrong and I hope I am

9. I do but only for the carbines, one issue with the handguns is I believe the button is press fit on the pin. While not hard to do with metal. The effort involved in pressing it on and pressing it off if needed I think makes it in practical. Also on the carbines all the buttons are the same. On the handguns each model is different so it's not a one style fits several models. .

10. cmetzger

cmetzger Member

Oh well thank you for the information sir that's good to know

11. I contacted mom 2 years ago and they sent me a button for each caliber handgun. The plastic has the ability to expand around the metal pin. So the tolerance need isn't as critical. A press fit with metal would need a tolerance of .0005 to .001 to be a consistent press fit. Plastic has the ability to allow a little more play in the tolerances. Therefore being more cost effective.

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    With some clever trimming a press on cap can be made from a .22 casing.

13. cmetzger

cmetzger Member

That's not a bad idea lol I may end up trying that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.