Micky-Dees.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hermitt, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

2. Your emote says it all :p
    I cant remember the last time we eat at MickyDees.

3. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    I call BS. Fake story. These were food experts after all. They would not be fooled by McD stuff. Not possible. :rolleyes:

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Damn food snobs......

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I like Mc D :) . Who am I kidding I like all fast food.

6. Bull

The human male body requires a certain amount of grease in its diet, to remain regular......

7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

McBarf chicken nuggets are maybe 30% chicken, and that comes from ground up liquified bones and trash left after boning one out and using the meat for real food

8. jcwit

jcwit Member

Support that claim.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's baloney.

From an NPR article in Canada...

"We viewers go inside the Cargill plant in Ontario that makes the nuggets and see that — spoiler alert! — the process does indeed start with real chicken carcasses. The breast meat is removed, then put through a grinder, where it's mixed with chicken skin and seasoning.

Then, it's shaped into McNuggets, which apparently come in four distinct patterns — the bell, the ball, the bow tie and the boot.

Finally, those little lumps of chicken get their crunchy coats on — they are battered not once but twice and par-fried for shipment to franchisees. Not exactly health food..."

Honestly, most food experts are idiots, especially once they start thinking they know things, or have a mission to shape the palate of the masses, or some such silly idea.

McDonalds and the other chains sell food that tastes good. The food is good, and safe, and decent compared to some of the prepared crap in some people's freezers.

People are stupid, but bad food doesn't sell. If the fast food places were nearly as bad as people like to pretend, they'd never stay in business.

10. That would explain why real men like old cars.:D

11. Bull

And Old Harley's!

12. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I don't consider ground up bones and skin to be chicken "meat"

13. j_inmon

j_inmon Member

My gripe with them is pretty much pricing. There combo meals are pushing 6 to 7 dollars. For the same price, or only a buck or 2 more I can get something a lot better elsewhere.

14. Hermitt

copied from Ajole's post (#9).....

I don't see anywhere it said it used 'liquified bones'...... :confused:

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Where can you get a combo meal for under 6-7 dollars? Seriously, does ANY chain come in lower? I know Wendy's, Arby's, BK, A&W, and In-n-Out all cost the same, or more.

But I do agree, I'm not big on the typical combo price.

Than goodness for the dollar menu. McDouble, McChicken, fries and a drink for 4 dollars.:p

Although the McDouble has gone to $1.29 recently.:(

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Well then, you should be good, as there's no ground up bones in there.:rolleyes:

18. j_inmon

j_inmon Member

I end up eating out a lot with my job usually whatever is close to the work area, and it strikes me that a lot of all you can eat buffets come in at eight something. Huhot, Chipotles, and a lot of other casual dining restaurants come in at 6 to 8 dollars for lunch as well and it seems like a better quality of food. It's not a question of if Mcdonald's is competitive with other restaurants, but rather quality of food for close to the same price.

19. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I think time matters more than quality to most folks. Can't go to a sit down and get in and out nearly fast enough for most folks' lunch breaks.

20. Hermitt

Yeah, you don't get a lot of options when you only get a 30 minute lunch break.