Militia groups growing

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by ArmyScout, Aug 28, 2014.

1. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    http://news.yahoo.com/fearing-second-amendment-militia-groups-090000698.html

2. The Militia isn't set up the way the founding fathers intended and a bunch of them are Nazi sympathizers and worse. Not all and certainly a very small minority. I'm afraid they are the ones that will start a shooting war for all the wrong reasons and even if they don't because the media knows this they will label all Militias as communist groups.

I hope I'm 110% wrong but don't think I am.

3. It's just a matter of time until states start to revitalize the militia they are required to have. But, I doubt that it will be universal service.

The militia bill that passed one house in Montana last session allowed for these armed citizen groups to enrolled if they weren't an extremest group. A easy way to separate those groups that are formed to cause trouble and those that are just civic minded.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Yes. The States need to do something to make it for the regular folks...

5. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

May be one forming in the area soon.... I hope so.

7. In what? And 10 of what?

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I once joined a Facebook group called the "3 %er's". I followed them for several weeks. As they began discussing their next meeting, several of the members were creating a fuss over the location. I guess the last meeting location only served the higher priced beer, and they didn't want to meet there again.
    Now, if I'm going to get involved with a group of people as important as this subject is, alcohol will have to be for medicinal purposes ONLY. Alcohol & the guns don't mix!!! I'll go it alone, when the Zombies come!!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I am not sure you can keep the crazies out of a Militia. Some are going to slip through any screening. Just like laws do not stop crazies from having firearms

10. Bull

Not sure you want to exclude all the crazies...... They are usually prepped better than most!

11. I had a notion to join a southern Ohio militia a few years ago just because it's mentioned in the 2nd Amendment. I didn't realize it was a younger man's group and since I was 66 yo I couldn't even join as a non- participating associate member. I am an ex LEO that has lost most of his jelly donut fat, has lots of free time, and really felt discriminated against since I thought I could contribute SOMETHING worthwhile

12. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Good point

13. Sounds like that group wants to be just pure sturmtruppen and not an ideal group IMO. There is a lot more to a good militia unit than offensive tactics and should be a bit down on the list. For example logistics if very high of what is needed.

If nothing else, write your state government and ask that they revitalize your state militia. Also, get the word out that having a state militia again is just plain common sense in today's world.

14. The militia law legal term for who to keep out is lunatics. Lunatics is a legal term, "a person legally declared to be of unsound mind and who therefore is not held capable or responsible before the law" and as such they can easily be kept out.

The use of the word crazies is leftist trick to disarm the people in general. The leftists define everyone who wishes to have freedom crazy. So the lefts verbiage for these matters should never be used as it is purposely made vague to accomplish some nefarious goal. In this case to put the jackboot to the peoples throat.

As a matter of honesty we should use the legal term lunatic, as the term crazies or insane aren't suitable to the topic.

15. undeRGRound

INDY

You rang, my friend??? :D

16. Bull

True dat!!!!

17. Bull

Are we sure we can use lunatics, as we might offend those who worship the moon? PC and all.....

18. undeRGRound

INDY

Oh, so now you are the PC Bandit???
    :p

19. Bull

Moi?..... Noooo...... Just bein thoughtful...

20. menhir

menhir Member

Who would want to join up with a group of people who are too dull to realize that they are, sooner or later, going to outgrow their own membership requirements? Stoopid people with guns...We already have more than enough of them. :p

Remember the people who preached "Don't trust anyone over 30?" (I'm sure you do, you're only 6 years older than me.)

Thinking ahead, weren't they? Not. :rolleyes: