Minor Customizations on my C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by JohanBroad, May 23, 2015.

1. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

I bought a C9 on May 18. I posted my initial impression and first range report a couple of days ago.

I had mentioned doing some minor cosmetic upgrades, and I have just completed them and I'd like to share.

The first thing I did was colorfill the logo and stamping on the slide, then I added some Glow-in-the-Dark-Fluorescent paint to the sights. They still look like the regular Red Dots/Yellow post in regular light, but the catch any light that hits them, and they will glow in dark/low-light conditions,making them really easy to see.

For the Colorfill, I chose a chrome yellow from Testor's(the model paint). Black & Yellow are my lucky colors, so I figured I'd go with that:cool:

The Glow-paint was made by 'Craft Smart'. both were less than 2 bucks each. the bottle of thinner cost more than the paint... The brushes were a buck & a half for 3.

I am pleased with the way the colorfill turned out, and the sights look great.

I got everything at Michael's- the paints, the solvent and the brushes for less that ten bucks., and I can do a few dozen other things with them as well.

Anyway, here are the pics:

: Colorfill1.jpg

Colorfill2.jpg

sights1.jpg

Sights2.jpg

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Where are the feet. Good god man do you want to get banned for breaking a cardinal rule

3. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

Feet:confused:

Am I missing something?

4. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Your feet!!!! It's required that your feet be somewhere in your pictures!

5. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Their just ribbing you OP, lol. It seems like everytime someone posts pictures of their sights or something, you see hairy toes too. Nasty!

I like what you did with the "fill-in". Looks pretty good to see those letters stand out more. I am going to be doing some stippling on one of my C9's, within the next week. I'll post the pics when I get it done. :D

6. moona11

I'm not kidding Feet are the rule

7. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

OK. Can I get a pass on this one tho?

I promise to include my feet somewhere in the next pic I post!:D

8. JohanBroad

JohanBroad Member

Thanks! There are a few dozen videos on youtube showing how to do this, and you can use just about any kind of color to d it. Acrylic paint seems to be the best, but I've seen it done with nail polish, paint markers, and Crayola crayons.

The Testor's paints are pretty good, and you have just about any color you could want!

9. moona11

Okay but just this once :-(

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yup. C-9s look good in yellow.

[​IMG]

11. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I thought we settled on feet pics are only required for rifles.

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

Wow, someone's getting soft.

13. moona11

I most be NOT!!! ;-) did I say I was a armour ;-)

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

Pleather..........

15. o78

o78 Member

Awesome themed c9.