MKS M1 Carbines comming soon?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MachoMelvin, Oct 26, 2014.

1. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Heads at other forums will explode that the makers of Hi-Points are making these.

2. Is it really hi point making them? Or just being distributed by MKS.

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I presume they will be in 30 cal? The article does not specifically say, unless I missed it. Their prices seem high for a repo. For $1000-$1200 one can buy an authentic M1 Carbine from gunbroker and their prices are usually a ripoff.

4. Auto ordnance already makes a good m1 carbine replica for about $300-400 cheaper. Not bashing hi points since i love the 9mm carbine but they have to stay competitive to sell a lot of these

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    It's not made by HP, the ONLY Connection is MKS which is the distributor.
    These are REAL M1 Carbines, made by Inland, who made most of the WW2 M1 carbines.

6. undeRGRound

INDY
    ...and I want THIS:

Attached Files:

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yes, from what I read the repros will be .30's.

A lot of the buzz on these is also agreeing that MSRP is high. I think, like most folks, that retail will end up being significantly lower to mirror the competition's prices. The old lady saw me ogling the pics in the article and simply said no.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What the heck is going on?:confused:

"MKS, the muscle behind Hi Point, has had so much success with their Ohio-made polymer stocked carbines in the past twenty years"

Is MKS really the muscle?
    Are they really behind HP?
    "Their" polymer stocked carbines?

And then we get this gem of stupidity....

"The good old Hi Point carbine will continue in popular production, after all, MKS is a distributor and Inland is apparently a new player on their roster. Side by side, the two guns are vastly different. The Hi Point 995, 4045, and 4595 are all pistol-caliber short rifles with 10-shot magazines inside their pistol grips in 9mm, 40S&W and .45ACP respectively."

Gee, what? An entirely different company makes a gun, and for some unknown reason, we need to specify that HP will continue making their guns, too?

Really?

Honestly...what is the deal with MKS? Who are they, when did they show up, and what is their real connection to HP?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  9. undeRGRound

INDY

Reproduction, Really?

I'd say more like a New Production Run.
    Like using old tooling to make new parts, like car parts.

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ummm...no.

Inland LLC has no connection to the Inland division of GM.

It's totally a repro.

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

From the article:

Ergo, repros...

12. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Theoretical question.....

Company A starts new production of product X and produces for (Y) years.... After some (Y) years, company A decides to stop production of product X. Some more (Y) years pass by and company A decides to re start production of product X. Are these 're produced' product now considered 'copies' of the original production, or is company A just 're producing' the original product? :confused:

I wish Springfield would start re producing the original Garand :cool:

13. I have an Underwood and a Universal carbine, I dont see these being better. I cant see these selling well at much more than $700.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Same company, same design, tools and dies, interchangeable parts...they are the original, not just reproductions.

Same company, new design, or new tools and dies, regardless of interchangeable parts...reproduction. Too different, it's a new product.

Different company, with or without the original tool and dies, making the same design, reproduction.

15. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    "A bit pricier" than the HP carbines? MSRP north of $1000? Yeah, a bit pricier lol.

16. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Inland makes 1911's too.

17. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

Very nice looking carbine. Seeing those photos, almost makes me scream, "I want one." In reality, I wouldn't purchase one in the first year (or two) of production, until some of the original purchasers post their reviews as to how well they work and how well they like them. I wonder if MKS will offer a lifetime no questions asked warranty on these M1 carbines?

18. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

M1 1944 wood stocked original design without bayonet lug — MSRP $1049.00

M1 1945 wood stocked original design with bayonet lug — MSRP $1049.00

M1A1 Paratrooper original design with folding heavy wire buttstock — MSRP $1179.00

19. undeRGRound

INDY

INLAND would have to offer said warranty.

Ajole, where are you getting that this is a different company?

Carroll Shelby picked up production of the remaining VINs from the 60's, did he not???

Love to have one of those, too!