Mod slide.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by omc9, Jan 4, 2016.

1. omc9

omc9 Member

Guys let me know what you think, this was a slide purchased on ebay that I modify a little, I still have the original slide untouched, have not shot it yet, but I may go to the range in a couple of days. Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. ghostmonky

ghostmonky Member

Nice!!!how'd you strip it?

3. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Looks very cool but it could be difficult to aim with the slide reflection, glare and sight line up.
    Hey I love tacticool too, just never at the cost of function.

Dude sweet grips!

4. omc9

omc9 Member

How I did it....Belt/sander with 80 grit first to trim the sides of the the went to 120grit and a 300 grit, the grips are from the hipoint site, still haven't decided for the final look of the slide, as it sits is just polished, don't know if I want to paint it, ideas are welcomed and appriciated. Thanks for the comments, hopefully it will shoot good with the lighter slide.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Could be an original Nickel?

Attached Files:

6. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I've seen a lot of modded C9s over the years and I think that's my favorite.

I think a Joeys trigger is a must.

I'd love to see some gold hardware, but I know the safety and mag release are plastic

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Which safety is plastic?

Replace mag release with a .22 casing.

8. omc9

omc9 Member

Joeys trigger is coming. Thanks.

9. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

This to me shouts class, a gentlemans hi point. The trigger mod would finish it.

I kinda get a desert eagle vibe from it

10. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I love the idea on the mag release.

Isn't the part of the safety that you actually touch plastic>?I know the arm part that connects is metal, but I thought the little nubby thing was plastic?

11. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

What do have to do to replace the mag release with .22 casing? I like that idea, too!

12. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

A request. Weigh your original slide and your new slide and let us know the weight difference. Then do let us know if it functions well with the reduced weight slide.

I'm curious if the weight you have removed will affect function. My guess is it will function fine, but the weight difference will be a good guide if any of us want to sculpt our slides latter on.

13. sarahsmom

Personally, I think it needs something on the slide to breakup all that plain space. That is why I like the color fills on the roll stamps. But on that one, maybe some engraving? MaryB does engraving, and does it excellently!

14. sarahsmom

Somewhere there is a pic of her pistol with "Molon Labe" on it, I believe!

15. cicpup

Vermont
    One piece stamped steel. Only plastic nub is the screw thread protector that some folks stick on them.

16. sarahsmom

Found it! This is MaryB's, and she did the engraving!

Attached Files:

17. cicpup

Vermont
    She did the engraving on this one too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. bluharley

bluharley Member

Love the Pac-Man!

19. omc9

omc9 Member

Hi guys here are 2 quick videos shooting the C9 with the modded slide, one normal fire and the other rapid fire. I will try to disassemble tomorrow and weight the original slide and the modded slide and see what the difference is. Shot 100 rounds thru it. Oh I did had one fail to lock open after the last round, not sure if that's slide related or some thing else. Thanks guys.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cAZIfQ1B0o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cAZIfQ1B0o[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLyfMn24jFc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLyfMn24jFc[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016