model 995 jammed

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by mikeastend, Apr 13, 2014.

1. mikeastend

mikeastend Member

I recently received a model 995 in a trade. so my son and i were messing with it last night and cleaned it up real good then we loaded the magazine with 9 rounds of ammo.I wanted to use the bolt to cycle thru the ammo just to make sure it was going to load and eject shells.the very first shell loaded and the gun jammed up tight. i removed the magazine and tried to pull bolt back again,no luck.so now i have a gun with a shell jammed in it in the firing position and I can not tell if it is actually loaded in straight or anything.I am afraid to start taking it apart in this situation as I am afraid it may discharge during un assembly. what do I do with this thing now?:(

2. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

I would remove the receiver shroud to see if any things jammed in there like maybe a base plate or something idk just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

3. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Also the safety has to be off to chamber a round.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

4. panoz77

panoz77 Member

FYI, it is very bad practice to "cycle live rounds" in a C9 or 995 because the firing pin is the ejector, this COULD cause a negligent discharge in the perfect scenario (soft primer and hard ejection).

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Take it somewhere safe and shoot into the ground/backstop at a safe distance, then take it apart.