Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new HiPoint c9,It made NO noise,Now I hear a rattle in the slide.When I lean the gun back and forth that is when I hear it,But when I pull the slide back to say in firing mode it does not make that noise anymore.Anyone have any ideas.It is new and I haven't even shot it yet. I have dry fired it a few times tho. Also where is the place to get some clips,I'm in Ohio 30 minutes north of Columbus.

·
Premium Member
35,667 Posts
I just bought a new HiPoint c9,It made NO noise,Now I hear a rattle in the slide.When I lean the gun back and forth that is when I hear it,But when I pull the slide back to say in firing mode it does not make that noise anymore.Anyone have any ideas.It is new and I haven't even shot it yet. I have dry fired it a few times tho. Also where is the place to get some clips,I'm in Ohio 30 minutes north of Columbus.
It's the safeties. All is well.:)

Get the mags at the Hi Point accessory store. Best price, free shipping.

Reactions: histed

·
Hey! Get Off My Lawn!
3,576 Posts
The firing pin and spring assembly 'free floats' in the slide when the pistol is not cocked. After racking the slide, it is held in firing position by the seer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also thanks guys for getting back with me so soon,I want to go to range and shoot this week but wasint sure if it was safe to shoot it.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
There are very good videos on YouTube on how to take these guns apart. Can't hurt to do it once and get familiar with all the parts.

This is by far the best video.
Same parts in the C9 as in the .45, same safeties same sears.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
No rush, just at some point it will answer a lot of questions about your gun.
First time you take the slide off cover the gun and you hands with a towel or so it in a cardboard box or in a large plastic bag.
Springs and little bits can be launched all over the place and you'll never find them again.
Buy some snap caps which is plastic practice ammo.
This will get you familiar with loading, unloading and practice some trigger pulls.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to Norton's gun & ammo store and checked out some of the Hi-Point hand guns,about five guns total between the C9 model the 45-cal and they all made the same noise .Its the fireing pin flooting back and forth as it seems the hipoint hand guns all make the same noise.Or I could be wrong but all five made the same noise,I took the mag out & looked up into the chamber and can see the fireing pin slide back and forth from the spring.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
That's part of it, the slide also grinds along the frame rails although that gets better with use.
One day I took some sandpaper down the inside if the slide for a couple of passes and at least it seemed to make a small difference in sound and feel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went to Norton's gun & ammo store and checked out some of the Hi-Point hand guns,about five guns total between the C9 model the 45-cal and they all made the same noise .Its the fireing pin flooting back and forth as it seems the hipoint hand guns all make the same noise.Or I could be wrong but all five made the same noise,I took the mag out & looked up into the chamber and can see the fireing pin slide back and forth from the spring.
I have taken apart the C9.

When assembling I noticed the rattle.

I took out the magazine lock bar, the counterweight, and the sear block, one at a time.

It still had a rattle this coming from the slide.

Then with the slide racked, the gun was finally completely silent.
Fired the trigger and then there was the rattle again,

repeated with same results.

seems like the only way to keep this gun completely quiet is remove all safeties and keep it cocked .... probably not the best condition to carry it around in :rofl:

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
There's a countreight in there too

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
I have a CF380. It developed a rattle when new at the top of the grip, rear of the slide area. A new rattle, different from the counterweight. Turned out to be a spring that had detached itself from the slot it rides in in the grip frame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No rush, just at some point it will answer a lot of questions about your gun.
First time you take the slide off cover the gun and you hands with a towel or so it in a cardboard box or in a large plastic bag.
Springs and little bits can be launched all over the place and you'll never find them again.
Buy some snap caps which is plastic practice ammo.
This will get you familiar with loading, unloading and practice some trigger pulls.
Yes, be especially careful taking the grips off. That's where you'll lose most of the stuff you do lose (if you do.) Also, have the parts diagram out in front of you and look at your gun, then look at the picture and go slowly. At first, it will be clear as mud, then you'll figure out where the stuff goes and why it's there. Have fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
. It’s the medal behind mag. that makes the noise I was wondering same thing..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts