Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all is going to watch us bomb the moon at 0730 EST Friday morning. The bombing is for scientists to find any traces of water on the south pole of the moon. It should be visible to the naked eye. I will be useing a telescope the view it if I can. If youn cannot see the moon from your house just turn on the TV to any network channel or the NASA channel if you have it. It is costing tax payers $79 million to do this.

I forgot to add a link. http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93080?fp=1

·
Banned
4,094 Posts
Yup let's bomb the moon and then tell Iran THAT is what we'll do to you :D Remember now them little moon critters are EEEVVVIIILL and want to destroy us and take over our planet, capture our women, and so on, and so forth [YES BTW I AM crazy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:]

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
Yup let's bomb the moon and then tell Iran THAT is what we'll do to you :D Remember now them little moon critters are EEEVVVIIILL and want to destroy us and take over our planet, capture our women, and so on, and so forth [YES BTW I AM crazy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:]
indeed

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I could think of better things to do with all that money WE give them!
no you cant.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I for one am glad they are FINALLY moving on with exploration projects like this instead of giving more money to more BS politics or the like!!

We should've been on Mars 20 YEARS AGO!!!! The need to find water off-planet is crucial to our development as a nation, and as a race on the whole. The resources on other planets (like Mars) are too great to ignore, and water gives both fuel and sustanibility of life needed to push on further. The less-informed always knock scientific research as being "too expensive", while their entire lives are built around what has been discovered by these scientific missions. I can't TELL you how many times I've heard some uneducated burger flipper go off on how we need to cancel NASA and how it does nothing for them while they watch their satilite TV, talk on their cellphones, drive cars with navigation systems and active collision avoidance systems and eat food that is made safe and as fresh as the day it was picked that 20 to 40 years ago would've been impossible.

And then there's the notion that we're still allowing toxic chemicals to be stored ON PLANET! Don't get me started with the idiocy of keeping stuff that is harmful to the human race on the whole on our home rock....

I'm very hopeful they find the water they need to push on with another outpost, and this time on another planet. The closer we get to Mars, the better the entire society as a whole will be.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I guess these guys don't like werewolves and believe if we kill the moon the Lycans will die too....

·
Registered
792 Posts
They are just covering up the real reasonr for doing this.they want to kill off the alien's
deemed as terrorist.oh did this happen already?i'd like to watch but i have no telescope.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
I really don't see it as practical for us to do anything as far as trying to establish colonies on other planets or any such thing. Building an atmosphere and all that sort of stuff...I wouldn't want to live somewhere with a false atmosphere. Some nutjob with a hand grenade blows up the generator and bye bye. Shipping stuff like water and chemicals back and forth between planets...holy crap the expense of it is just not worth it. I vote we work on teleporters first, then we can have Scotty beam us water or whatever.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
We have plenty of water, we just have a hard time getting it to where it is needed...
Nuclear plants can desalinate water pretty fast, and relatively cheaply...if we can build them...there's some change I could live with. Provide jobs, water, and energy all at once.

$79 million? One ten thousandth of the 85 billion we gave for AIG? The price of one twentieth of a new aircraft carrier?
...not that bad of a deal, really.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
That's the problem though ajole...our gov't says "meh" to spending amounts of money that most people will never even approach if you added all the money they've had over their whole life together. If they'd stop throwing $80 million at this, 200 million at that, 40 million for Obama's toilet paper, etc. then we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. People need to be concerned when their gov't is throwing money around.

If they want to fix the economy...give me $79 million. I'll buy a house, a new vehicle for my fiance, a bunch of guns, ammo, and parts, and invest the rest in businesses like Hi Point.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
If this becomes political, it'll have to be moved to the DR. Not saying you guys don't have good points, but just let me know if you want to make this a rant thread and I'll oblige you by moving it to where you can really talk about it.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Primal, it would be awesome if you could drop this bad boy in the DR :) I could have thrown a lot more in that post...but I tried to keep it as calm as possible lol.

·
Premium Member
36,049 Posts
I'm with you 47_Mason_47...just playing devils advocate there... :devilsidesmile:

Of course, we spend $79 mil in the space program, and that IS jobs; ATK in Utah is laying off 500 people, because one of the rockets they build are not going to be used in future launches, and no one is sure if future systems will be needed. Gov't spending is a two edged sword, no matter who is calling the shots.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Indeed it is... the problem with gov't jobs is that often once they finish whatever it is that they wanted to do, they just shut down, whereas the owners of businesses have a vested interest in what they are doing and strive to grow and survive. The engineering firm I work for has doubled in size since around June of 08.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Alright, DR Politics it is, per request.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts