Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago my wife Mrs. Krippp posted pics of a free Type 99 Arisaka that was given to her by an older gentleman who was fond of our collection and restoration efforts. Well today he released a couple of more of his guns to us in the hopes that they will be kept and enjoyed the way they are for future generations. The 2 guns he gave us are a 1900 M96 Swedish 6.5mm Mauser manufactured by Carl Gustav and a gorgeous 1943 Mosin Nagant M91/59. I didn't have alot of time today to take pics of all of them but suffice it to say that they are in remarkable shape for their respective ages. The Gustav is in dire need of cleaning and oiling of the metal, their is no rust present yet but it has been a long time since it was taken out and cleaned properly, which is one of the main reasons he is giving us his collection, he just isn't physically able to shoot and care for these guns the way he feels he needs to and his kids and grandkids just want to either sporterize them or sell them for quick cash. The Swede is missing the brass plate on the stock but he assures us that it is in his gun case at home and he'll bring it to us next wek when he releases the rest of his guns to us. The remaining guns are: 1 M1 Garand that his brother used in Europe in WW2, 1 Chinese SKS-D, His brother's service pistol which he thinks is a Colt 1911 and a Luger that his brother brought back from WW2 and he swears that it has the SS runes stamped on it. I can't begin to describe what an honor it is for him to bestow his trust in us like he has and he absolutely will not accept any form of payment, believe me I've tried to pay him something but he really just loves these guns and wants them cared for properly. Here are a few pics of the Swede with more to come of the rest of them when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Man that is cool. To be part of that tradition truly is special. Well done to you and the Mrs.! 8)

·
Registered
87 Posts
NICE!! I was just saying last week in her post that the Mrs. needed something classy like a Swede Mauser. I just need to figure out how to channel the lottery numbers now. Those Swede's are the best shootng of all the mausers.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Oh my goodness! I'd freak out if I actually got to own a M1 Garand, 1911, and Luger from WWII!! It's making me crazy just thinking about it! You must have some serious cred around there :p

Come to think of it...your house is probably getting a little crowded with the 29043892034 Mosins you have...after you clean up those new babies...you know...if they need a good home I'll buy a whole new safe just for those :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I hate you, but I mean that in the best possible way...

J/K, you lucky dawg you :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
They couldn't be in better hands.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I hate you, but I mean that in the best possible way...

J/K, you lucky dawg you :D
Yes I hate you as well, I can barely afford one Mauser for $170 and you have my dream rifle (A Garand) fall in your lap :mad:. I wish I had your luck you lucky S.O.B J/K but seriously tell me how to be so lucky!! :brow:

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
If you start a museum I want to come and drool. Oh, better not, may cause rust.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I love ya like a brother Kripp, but this crap has gone far enough! Now I know I have to find a way to visit the South Carolina Museum of Military Firearms sometime. Tell that guy I am available for adoption if he has any more classic firearms he really needs to get rid of. Or, you could help a brother out with the Garand (hint:ME).

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love ya like a brother Kripp, but this crap has gone far enough! Now I know I have to find a way to visit the South Carolina Museum of Military Firearms sometime. Tell that guy I am available for adoption if he has any more classic firearms he really needs to get rid of. Or, you could help a brother out with the Garand (hint:ME).
Good try on the Garand, but you better visit soon cause I'm in the process of moving to Tampa

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good try on the Garand, but you better visit soon cause I'm in the process of moving to Tampa
I have been known to travel to that area as well, you are NEVER safe when you know a trucker, we go EVERYWHERE! Why move to Florida, SC don't get that cold anyway. You really want to have to learn Spanish (or Cuban, same difference)? Just let the guy know I am available for adoption, and too old for him to have to pay college tuition, but I LOVE classic firearms!

You have got to be the luckiest guy I have ever known though, but such fortune couldn't go to a better person, I know you'll honor those fine guns in the manner they richly deserve.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I've gotten guns for free before, but NOTHING of that quality, vintage or value. Dude, you and the Mrs are the luckiest couple of C&R people I've ever known. You can't even FIND original M1's, lugers or WWII 1911's for decent prices, if you can find them at all.

Dude, I am speechless. You have to be the luckiest guy I know of.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts