More good news

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by perotter, Jul 27, 2015.

1. More good news today. A Pew polls shows that 57% of Americans think that gun ownership "protect people from becoming victims of crime". This is up from 48% in 2012.

That is a huge jump in just two years, but then there in nothing like the taste of leftist government to make this obvious fact accepted by the 'show me proof and the head in the sand' crowd.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fi...ee-more-guns-as-the-solution-not-the-problem/

All freedom loving American all need to keep pushing for the full restoration of what is stated in the 2nd.

2. Here is another good one. The police are laughing at people who follow the CSGVs advice about calling the police whenever they see someone people carrying. Looks like they are even dumb enough to post their names of the inet.

bearingarms.com/radical-gun-gun-control-group-urges-swatting-abuse-911-system/

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Police aren't dumb. They know they have to prioritize and it doesn't take too many MWG calls that are just CSGV trolling for them to get fed up. They gots real work to do.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. rippinryno

rippinryno Well-Known Member

the MWG videos on youtube are ridiculous. Do people who blatantly and openly "exercise their right" by causing a ruckus in a public location with their AR slung around they're back, actually think they're helping anything?

I'm all for exercising your right but some of these youtube idiots who go out intentionally trying to bait cops and knowing they will raise some concerns by walking down a highway or through a strip mall with their massive guns around their back, these people aren't helping anything.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yes, they do actually think they are.

6. Of course they help and are a leading edge group. It's one step at a time.

7. ekim

ekim Member

That is your opinion and those that OC see it differently. With the trend rising across the country for more people to be armed, you may well be in the minority, if not now, possibly soon. Then what say you?

8. rippinryno

yes sir

do they think they are helping? I don't care what the OC people think, i care what the majority of the public thinks, afterall we need all the support we can get.

I wish that was true, but it's not....unfortunately, i personally feel that the open carry demonstrations often times hurt our cause, especially the pricks i see on youtube. It's one thing to acquaint people with the legalities of the law, it's another to intentionally cause a scene. It's not positive. I think there is a time and a place to demonstrate open carry, when you practice open carry.

here's a good read that i completely agree with. My opinion is obviously shared by many, but don't forget, it's just my opinion, man. do not get offended or mad at me for giving my insight on this matter, we can discuss it. Like i said i'm not the only one who feels this way, maybe just the only with the gonads to express it.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/open-carry-demonstrations-are-not-always-a-good-idea-heres-why/

9. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

@'ryno, although I'm inclined to give you breathing room on this one there is still the matter of establishing a defacto standard. By giving way to the inclination not to "shoot ourselves in the foot" do we inadvertently shoot ourselves in our rights? Yes we must focus on "hearts and minds" in the struggle to retain rights that in theory no one should be able to take from us. But don't self imposed blanket "cautionary" restrictions accomplish the very same effect?

Use it or lose it. ... Providence favors the bold.

10. rippinryno

use it or lose it, but some of these guys are taunting and intentionally being difficult with police. I see so many videos of understanding officers trying to work with these guys and they just do not cooperate. the same can be said about rude and ignorant cops who don't know a persons rights.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So in order to "use it or loose it" Open Carry, you must, well, Open Carry. But you earlier advised against Open Carry saying (in this quoted post) that it is, apparently, "taunting."

So exactly how do you propose to Open Carry without actually Open Carrying?

12. rippinryno

i never advised against open carry, however with rights, comes responsibilities.

13. You mean like being sure you always open carry an arm that would be suitable for ones militia duty?

I know in the 2nd pic a woman has a Hipoint carbine and there are those here who say it isn't suitable for that. But they keep about it's use only in a slit trench. A Hipoint carbine would be suitable for any number of militia task-guards, truck drivers, cooks, etc.

14. ekim

ekim Member

Responsibilities come with gun ownership, where or not you OC, CC or just have them in your home or vehicle!

15. slade601

slade601 Member

Yeah yeah... When I open carry(pistol) I always make sure I'm polite and courteous to everyone.... Anyway! Let's see some more A pics already.

16. lsi1

lsi1 Member

there's a large gap between open carrying to get your 15 minutes of youtube fame and just not bothering to put on a cover garment to run to the hardware store.

I am pretty much live and let live when it comes to OC but I disagree with doing it to prove a point. Do it if you believe its the best/only way to protect yourself. Trying to shock the masses and argue your rights with a leo isn't furthering anyones cause.

17. rippinryno

18. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

Taunt, no. Engage, inform, and educate - a BIG yes. The left has been actively pushing a campaign of deceit (lies) that needs to be countered. OC events should be done in a way that, as much as possible, disarms (pun intended) these incorrect fears. The fire that now rages is is fueled by that misplaced fear. Causing more only throws gas onto it. On this NARROW point I'll backup r'ryno.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Who says they're trying to "shock the masses?" Most of them clean but they're trying to use the psychological concept of desensitization.

The fact is, that the more the masses see someone on TV or in person running around with exposed firearms, the more they just shrug and think, "oh well just someone else with a gun. No one's getting mass murdered. Nothing to see here. Move along."

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015