Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically it is brush painted with standard enamel model paint...(boltgun metal ) is the name of the paint....got it at a local hobby store....took me about 10-15 mins to paint....has now dried 24 hrs...seems ok to handling...not sure how it will stand up to cleaning or shooting....sorry pics are a little blurry....lighting was kinda dim...didnt wanna use flash...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks fantastic. I've always been a fan of silver slides. I may have to look in to this. There's another guy, can't remember his screen name, that brushed off the black finish on his barrel. The result is a finely polished silver barrel and a black slide. I like it.

Please post results as to how yours stands up to shooting, cleaning, etc.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks pretty good. It will be interesting to see how the paint will hold up to gun cleaners though.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
invictus82 said:
That looks fantastic. I've always been a fan of silver slides. I may have to look in to this. There's another guy, can't remember his screen name, that brushed off the black finish on his barrel. The result is a finely polished silver barrel and a black slide. I like it.

That was either 1inthechamber or Rimfirehunter, I forget which, but I think it was 1;]That looks fantastic. I've always been a fan of silver slides. I may have to look in to this. There's another guy, can't remember his screen name, that brushed off the black finish on his barrel. The result is a finely polished silver barrel and a black slide. I like it.

Please post results as to how yours stands up to shooting, cleaning, etc.[/quote]

That was either 1inthechamber or Rimfirehunter, I forget which, but I think it was 1inthechamber.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will update as soon as possible

and thanx guys for all the positive comments....when i get my .45 i plan on painting it olive drab, with the black frame.....

·
Registered
290 Posts

That was either 1inthechamber or Rimfirehunter, I forget which, but I think it was 1inthechamber.
I actually used fine grit sandpaper to 'polish' the barrel and slide.

Nice work Max. :)

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
That is really interesting. I prefer black myself, but I can see what you like about your pistols look :D

·
1,792 Posts
I agree with waltham,

Looks nice and very nice job,

I look forward to te olive drab however, I thiink that will stand out nicley.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I do like that two tone look. I may try something like that. I wonder if I could get a nickel finished paint then laquer it?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Does gun kote make a color lke that? It would take some prep but the finish would be pretty much bullet proof

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
finishes

i'm not sure but i have found some flat metallic engine paint that i will eventually redo it with.... this was just to see if i liked the looks...and i really do like 2 tone pistols....

·
Registered
149 Posts
This one was stripped and polished to mirror shine (not mine):

·
Registered
592 Posts

That was me, but I lost the photo.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I only pollished my barrel because the paint was flacking off, but I'll take another picture.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts