Mosin Hunting Pic Submissions

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by Joshua M. Smith, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith Mosin Sight Manufacturer Member

Hi Folks,

I'm taking Mosin hunting picture submissions again this year.

If you'd like yours up on my website, please see details at

http://www.smith-sights.com/mosin-hunting-pictures.php

Include as much or as little info as you like. I'd prefer make of Mosin and ammo type as a minimum, but it's not mandatory. It'll just help others choose in the future.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Josh

2. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Life Below Zero show on Nat Geo, the Eskimo woman(Agnes I think) uses a Mosin Nagant. Maybe contact them to use some of your parts and promote them!

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Hoping to get some of your parts before deer season this fall to prepare my Mosin for deer season, but it doesn't do any good now LOL.

Good luck to you, I love your sight and products and hope I am able to get some

4. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I love that show! Her family has other rifles, but she always uses that Hex Mosin Nagant 91/30. Have to give her credit, she has dropped wolves, caribou and elk at some good distance with it. After seeing her using a 91/30 I have also seen other shows filmed in Alaska and observed that the 91/30 seems to be pretty common among the Inuit and Eskimo hunters.

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I scoped my T53 so iron sights won't get much use unless the cheap pistol scope self destructs

6. When hunting is done to sustain life instead of for sport, the cost of the rifle and ammo looms large. Kind of a business decision. I haven't watch anything about hunting there in years, but the last I did it appeared that the inexpensive Remington 788 was the popular rifle to use.

7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

My nephew in AK uses an AR-10... but he is military and to him it is the rifle of choice for big game.

8. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    might find some pics for you. Got 2 deer with my 91/30 this season. Both dropped in their tracks.