Mosin scope mount - karma

Discussion in 'Non Hi-Point Classifieds' started by wganz, Nov 29, 2014.

1. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

Found this Mosin scope mount while cleaning off the work bench to set up the drill press and table vise:

[​IMG]

Once you get the package, all I ask is that you reimburse me the cost of postage.

2. rickm

rickm Member

pm sent .....

3. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

pm volleyed back.
    just need addy to get sent out.

4. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Out of curiosity did this ever happen?

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Better mount is the Brass Stacker. It uses Both original mount pin holes to bolt the mount in place. Rock solid instead of some pressure screw that is supposed to hold things level...

6. tallbump

Yeah, I have been looking at that. But isn't it like $60?

Maybe a gift to myself next tax return?

7. I had one of these but went a different route.
    I knocked the front sight off completely. There's a dovetail under that.
    I attached a 3/8" to picatinny mount. It's a much more solid.

8. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I saw a YouTube video called "The Mosin Nagant's Dirty Little Secret" where the presenter did just that. It looked like a pretty good idea. He used a UTG picatinny rail section with a dovetail under it that slid onto the corresponding one that is under the original sight block. You could probably attach a low-profile peep sight to the back of it and then use a raised scope base to allow iron sights to be used as a backup to the scope with it.

I have one of my 91/30s in an Archangel stock that I'll get around to upgrading someday. Either that method or the Brass Stacker will allow the rifle to be returned to its original state if so desired at some point, something that I personally think is an important consideration for any modification.

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Type 53/m44 doesn't have that dovetail.

10. tallbump

Wait, front or rear sight?

It looks like the rear sight.

And, the video says it's a 11mm dovetail.

Which is it?

I'd love to do this because I want to use it for hunting

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It's the whole rear sight base. It's held on with that dovetail before being pinned.

12. tallbump

Ok, that's what I thought.

Someone posted front sight, but that didn't make any sense.

No biggie, just making sure

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    TB, I admire your persistence :D

14. tallbump

Persistence???? Not sure what you mean, but I'll take it as a compliment, so thanks :D

I know I can make this Mosin into a decent deer gun without spending a lot. And that will be easier to do bot budget wise and wife wise, so I want to learn what I need to.

looks like the biggest cost will be the scope. Found one that looks decent on Amazon for about $50

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I just mean you go about, dredging up old posts looking for DEALS!!!
    Admirable! You do a Lot with Little Cash ;)
    When I make my Billion$, you got a job as my Purchasing Agent!
    Provided you keep your tightwad ways :cool:

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Getting the old sight base off is not fun! Have a torch ready, many were soldered on. Plus the pins can be a royal pain to remove.

17. tallbump

You should see my wife.

She's not one of those ones that dumpster dives for coupons and stockpiles crap we'll never use, but when we go shopping stores are practically paying her to take the items LOL

18. Nothing wrong with that Tall. There is a reason we have so much ammo and the collection of firearms we have here at the Fox\Searcy household. Save a few pennies here and there, clip coupons, look for the best deals, keep the old clunkers running, and never pass up quality "cheap" stuff, especially if it's free. You can save up a lot over time this way.

As to the looking for a scope part, I have a green and red lit reticle Centerfire 4 x 16, 52 mm scope that I picked up 10 years ago for $60 at Walmart. I also have truGlo optic with red and green dot that I got at Dicks on sale in 2013. Both are just sitting around collecting dust, and the optic will drop right onto a weaver rail, the Centerpoint will need 1 inch diameter rings to be mounted (my last set is on my 10\22 build holding down my Burris ). when you are ready to pick one up, I cut you a sweet deal on one or the other.

just let me know.

19. tallbump

Thanks Kevin. I'll definitely keep those optics in mind.

Right now the focus is the wife's car still needs a little work and mine needs a little as well.

Besides that, we need to really get starting on a savings for my daughter's tuition ofr next school year.

Hopefully come fall, after school starts, but before hunting season, I can really try to follow through on this

20. No Problem Tall. As far as I know, they ain't going anywhere except on one of my rifles for $hits and giggles, and even if that's the case, the offer will still stand.