Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have an addiction. :'(

The third Mosin from the top with the light color stock followed me home yesterday. I overpaid for it, 200 out the door, but I couldn't pass it up. The metal is smooth and beautiful, bore perfect also. I loved the wood color also. Its the nicest M44 I have came across personally.

Also picked up the 2nd from the top yesterday. Its a run of the mill 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 made during the war. It has the ruff machining, but is also in great shape. Paid 100 out the door for it.

Picked up the M44 on the bottom Wednesday with a Polish Makarov for 200 bucks. Sold the pistol the same day for 180. So basically paid 20 bucks for the Mosin. Its also an Izhevsk made in 1946 in very nice shape.

It seems the 1946 Mosin's are very nice compared to the 1943. The other two not mentioned in detail where picked up a gunshows awhile back and are 1943 Izhevsk's as well. My collection is getting there.

So basically in the past two days I have bought three more mosins for $320 total. I think I did pretty good.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree. The M44 in the middle is absolutely beautiful. Im looking to get into the mosins but Im still trying to get my head around what is what.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I was off today. Its beautiful outside, perfect for range time.

I think we should all grab as many Mosins as possible. They are probably the last of the mass imported Mil Surplus that's cheap. Everything else is drying up and prices are going up. I have heard that the Mosin's are also starting to thin out.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
nice start, the post wars are all nicer due to the fact that the russians had more time to work with them since there was no war going on, build and finish quality is always better on those.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Wow ............................. I'm drinking alot of "Hater Aid" right now! LOL Great collection!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Very fine MNs you got there. 3rd one down from top, that wood stock looks GREAT. Keep finding them Great MNs!!! :yes: ;)

BTW, Check out my MNs on www.reloaderz.com ;)

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The M44 that is second up from the bottom looks like a Polish one, it's got that nice red stock.
I am not sure honestly. Its a refurb, most of the serials have been ground off and restruck. It does have the Russian Crest and triangle with arrow though.

Thanks for all the comments!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
How is that scout mount on the MN you put into the ATI stock? I have one but haven't fooled with it a lot since lately Ive avoided burning any ammo more expensive than 22LR so I can buy another couple of thousand of .308 for the Saiga.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How is that scout mount on the MN you put into the ATI stock? I have one but haven't fooled with it a lot since lately Ive avoided burning any ammo more expensive than 22LR so I can buy another couple of thousand of .308 for the Saiga.
It mounts diectly to were the factory mount is. Uses the same holes, but the screws thread into the mount. On the rear of the mount there is another screw that faces down that you tighten to apply upward pressure.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have those same mounts for my MNs. They are pretty strong mounts. You will be happy with them. :yes: ;)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.