Mossberg 715P

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tallbump, May 16, 2014.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Attached Files:

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

I've got tge 715t that its based off, had some issues during break-in with jams and FTF's, polished the ramp, and now after about 300 rounds, runs flawlessly.

3. Looks pretty cool but after holding a 715t I was really not impressed.

4. tallbump

I like that the mags interchange with the 715T. higher capacity and cheaper ammo than the Hi Point pistol/carbine combo too.

Course, I already have the JCP .40 so just buying the 4095 would be cheaper

5. bws

bws Member

I have a 715T and without a doubt it is the most picky eater of ammo I have. So far Eley and Federal are the only ammo that runs through it, with semi-infrequent fte's.

Edit:

It looks to have the same pos magazine the T has. For that one item alone, Mossberg should be mocked, shunned and ridiculed into obscurity. I understand their logic in mass producing something quick and inexpensive, but those are nothing more than sloppy workmanship piled onto a really rotten design.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  6. talon

talon the banned wagon

thats odd, as my 715t laughs if you even bring Eley anywhere near it. but loves Remington Thunder best. Will take Federal, but you have to pull the ones that have flash on the lead end out, they hang up. has eaten everything else though, but hates Eley. (which is of course, the easiest brand to find locally for me.)

7. tallbump

Interesting. So, you're saying it's like a Hi Point? :p

8. harcdaddy

harcdaddy Member

Magazines are plastic junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

exactly lol. i did a write up on the 715t, i'll pull up a link for you later when im on my own laptop, or you can just click on my ID and view other threads by... at first i was worried about it, but she did come around, exactly like alot of the stories we hear about HP.

10. tallbump

yeah, I saw that. If .22 ever becomes more available, I'll definitely look into getting both the T and P

11. bws

bws Member

Well, it looks like Sunday is going to be a day without adult supervision (wife going shopping all day), so I'm going to grab the 715 and a few hundred rounds and just go play. If it needs to be broken in then by gawd, it's going to be broken in. And when I run out of the .22 ammo I think I'm going to do a little more break in work on the two hp's.