Mossberg 715t (prefer local only)

Discussion in 'Non Hi-Point Classifieds' started by grihn, Oct 6, 2014.

1. grihn

grihn Member

I have a Mossberg 715t (with Carry Handle) that I'm interested in selling. It works fine, I just got a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 a while back, so I don't shoot the mossy anymore. You'd get the rifle, front grip, cheek riser on buttstock and red dot, plus 2 25-round magazines. Rifle has a few hundred rounds through it. It does tend to cycle better if you only load 18-20 rounds in the magazines...last 5 rounds seem to cause misfeeds, but I'm not convinced they don't just need to be broken in. I've also replaced the bolt lock with one from the 702 Plinkster because the 715's have a tendency to lock open when you don't want it to...bolt will still lock back on Last Round (due to magazine catching bolt).

Since these are relatively cheap weapons in the first place, I don't really want to ship and deal with FFL's...prefer to do local only (Wichita, KS). I'm not looking to get retail for it, but I'm not gonna take just anything...I was thinking of somewhere around $150 with all extras (Both 25 Round Magazines, Front Grip, Cheek Riser and Red Dot), but I'll listen to offers, including trades (.22lr, .223, .380, 9mm, .45, Rem 870 or Mossy 500 *don't have to be great condition, just functional, etc). I will post some pictures when I get home today (one here is just factory picture).

[​IMG]

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not sure about KS law, but in Utah, I could box that gun up and ship it UPS for $15-$20 to any FFL that will take shipments from non-FFLs.

If I had my FFL use USPS to do it, it would cost me closer to $40-$50.

So if I offered ya $165 to ship it UPS to an FFL in Utah, would that be good enough?

3. grihn

grihn Member

Yeah, I would do that if the FFL in Utah will accept private shipments.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    oops, TOO LATE!
    I was gonna say BULL is close, on the other side of Kansas City...
    Darned Ajolé!!! :p

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nah...... I got a marlin/glenfield model 60.... I beat a guy I work with shooting against his 22AR on a timed accuracy shoot....

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Oh, he will.:p

PM inbound.

7. grihn

grihn Member

Sale Pending:

Attached Files:

8. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Smokin deal!! I love my plinksters!

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I have a good FFL like that, thanx for the idea Ajole!

10. tommy20/69

tommy20/69 Member

>Content Redacted<

Folks, please try to remember that information suggesting illegal activities is not permitted on HPFF and will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the moderators.

Thanks,

Rachgier

Your Friendly Forum Gorilla

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ummm...that's a felony.:cool:

Probably ought to rethink that whole idea. Might want to edit your post, so you aren't liable for any one else's stupidity.

Sure you can send every part but the serial numbered part with no issues.

But that part with a serial number is a federal offense. And since it's too darned easy to actually do it right...I'd recommend you do it right.;)

MOD EDIT: Quote edited by Rachgier to remove certain information.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hey, has anyone heard anything from grihn lately?

We seem to have lost touch, right in the middle of this deal.:confused:

13. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Hmmm, hope everything is ok. Its not like he was a new member posting and running. Hope you get in touch with him.