Mossberg 715t tactical .22 modifications!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by kevin4095, Mar 30, 2012.

1. kevin4095

kevin4095 Member

Finally took the time to complete phase 2 of my 702. Phase 1 was painting and accessories. Phase 2 was shortening the hand guard. Stock it has a long hand guard which is ugly imo. I strategically cut several inches out of the center and fitted the side rails to fit. Now i need to get around to starting phase 3, cutting the barrel down to 14.5'' and welding on a brake for over all 16". just need to get some round stock and learn how to use my buddy's lathe.

Vote for coolest Mossy .22?:D

[​IMG]

before shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 60ratrod

60ratrod STFU CARL! Member

not bad at all. be careful welding, you don't wanna warp the barrel.

3. Rerun

Rerun Member

WoW! Pretty!

eldar

4. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Looks sweet! I've never painted a gun, but might change my mind and do something with my mossy. What kind of paint did you use?

5. kevin4095

kevin4095 Member

First I used Krylon fusion Primer( its a rattle can made for plastic). Then camo spray paint, i think Krylon brand or Rustolium. This stuff is pretty tough very little wear and no flaking. It has about 1000 rounds through it since the paint.

6. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Thanks! I like the detail of leaving the mag release knob black. Nice touch!

7. muny81

muny81 Member

i have recently bought the same firearm. what did you use to cut the polymer and what is the length of the hand guard now

8. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    when you say 702, did you put the tactical furnture on it? if so where does one get it. i have a 702 would love to put in the tactical stock.

9. The tactical furniture is from ATI, and comes on that model. I don't know it you can buy it separately. Contact them.

10. DANIEL01

DANIEL01 Member

I would order me a barrel adapter instead of welding tacticool22 has them

11. DANIEL01

DANIEL01 Member

I have one that is where i get all my stuff for my mossy

12. grihn

grihn Member

Pretty sure he meant 715t...probably a typo.

13. The 715T is nothing more than a 702 Plinkster in an ATI tactical stock set, that's made for it.

14. grihn

grihn Member

Yep.......that's true...

15. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    There's a YouTube video somewhere of a guy fitting a 702 into a tactical-style Airsoft stock.

16. justWizzy

justWizzy Member

Hey Kevin, that looks awesome! I just picked one up for myself this week and I was already thinking the same thing with the long forearm. What I'm wondering is how many holes you ended up with in the rails. Did you remove the middle screw altogether, or are there still 3 on each side?

17. madmanjustice

madmanjustice SCAR Owner...sorta Member

The 715t were originally called the 702, even though they had the tactical shell on them. I believe the name changed to the 715t when they brought out the Flat Top model (which is the one I have)

18. I believe you're correct. Mine is the carry handle model and is marked "MOSSBERG INT'L 702 PLINKSTER". The Ser.# EJF311XXXX. The Butt stock is also marked ATI.

19. Ayarza22

Ayarza22 Member

Hey guys I'm new to these forums. I am going to try to convert my carry handle into a flat top using an airsoft polymer upper to make a sort of AR saddle mount which will give me a clean look as opposed to that youtube butcher job. I'm pretty good with tools and I have a whole shop to work in. If all goes well I'll post a how to.

20. I would be interested in that.