Mossberg for end wiggly looseness

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Browning 9 Guy, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Browning 9 Guy

Browning 9 Guy Premium Supporter Member

I love my new Mossberg Maverick 88 but the fore end is wiggly. You can roll it side to side a wee bit and rattles. However it functions great - no problems. Have any Mossy owners found this to be an issue as in the fore end suddenly coming off? Probably worrying too much about nothing. Thanks to you guys in advance!

2. beaglenc

beaglenc Member

Mine has rattled for 40 yrs and ...well..40yrs and still shoots.
    No worries. :)

3. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

Mine has only rattled for 15 years.

4. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Over the years I have had 4 pumps, 2 Mossbergs, a Remington, and a Ithaca. The forearm was wiggly and rattled on all 4, nothing to worry about.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I want to post a twerking gif in response to this question, but I got yelled at the other day for posting an inappropriate picture and don't feel like getting yelled at again.

6. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Typical pump thing just like how the shells flop around the reciever like a hotdog in a bucket.

The slack is to make sure it doesn't bind up in any sort of way, it could be gone but the friction and dirt sensitivity of that kind of fit would be ridiculous.

7. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    All of the pump shotguns that I've used over the years had wiggly forends. If you look at the structure of the action bars and the slide, as well as how they are mounted to the weapon together, there is bound to be some movement, so there is no danger of your shotgun coming apart.

8. Browning 9 Guy

OK thanks

Thanks for the thoughtful responses. Pump gun makers want to be sure grud and stuff don't interfere with the action.

And Rachgier - please post that stuff - I wanna see I wanna see!

9. Browning 9 Guy

Wenischdens Dank

This is Mennonite for "thanks a bunch", most accurate spelling I know. It was a verbal, never written language at home.

10. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1423284331.591085.jpg