Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that Marlin receivers are similiar... will they match up to the Mossberg Plinkster? The new Dick's Sporting goods in Fiesta Mall in Mesa has one for $129, and it's the cheapest semi-auto .22 I have seen in the area. I know they're decent, but can you get other stuff for them (magazines included?)

·
Banned
1,730 Posts
mags can be bought at wal-mart here in michigan for $10.00 a peice as for stocks i am not sure......

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mags can be bought at wal-mart here in michigan for $10.00 a peice as for stocks i am not sure......
bleh.. then that's a no-go. I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart. Any other options?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$97 at Wally World--

Money is money,and guns have no souls-- don't be ascared...

8)
But I have a soul. Refuse to shop there.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
$97 at Wally World--

Money is money,and guns have no souls-- don't be ascared...

8)
But I have a soul. Refuse to shop there.
You know, I would much more strongly refuse to shop at Cheaper Than Dirt with all the crap they have been puling in regards to ammo over the last few months.

At least Wal Mart isn't gouging anyone.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I feel the same way about walmart.

I think the Plinkster was sold as the MagTech Model 7022at one time. Take a look for parts under that name too. A good friend has one and is happy with it. The scope sold with the rifle is complete junk.

I don't know if you have Academy sports in your area, they have the Plinkster for about $100.00.

Ron M.

·
U.S.S.
2,215 Posts
Yes, they are "based" off of the marlin receivers, but different enough so that they are not drop-in installations for marlin accessories. Here is my tacticool 702 plinkster in this http://www.milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MAR3000 ATI stock for the model 60. It took me a while with a dremel and some patience, but I finally got it to work. I also have a 10/22 flash hider on it.

Before

After

·
Registered
915 Posts
hey mike that thing is nice verry good looking

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yes, they are "based" off of the marlin receivers, but different enough so that they are not drop-in installations for marlin accessories. Here is my tacticool 702 plinkster in this http://www.milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MAR3000 ATI stock for the model 60. It took me a while with a dremel and some patience, but I finally got it to work. I also have a 10/22 flash hider on it.

Before

any chance you have photos of your work during modification? i have a 702 id love to mod.....but im not willing to destroy $40 for the fun of it, LOL. how much of a pain is it?

After

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.