Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Mossberg 500 for a skosh over 200 at Wally World and I Love it. It's the easiest shooting shotgun I've ever had my hands on. If Hi-Point made a shotgun it'd be the 500. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I picked one up a couple weeks ago and just tried it out today. The last time I used a shotgun was years ago so I don't really have a comparison but it was a blast to shoot. I possibly have a problem with the legality of it in michigan though... I'll start a new topic.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I have 3 it is the only shotgun that converts to a .50 cal muzzy

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I don't have much of an opinion on Mossbergs, I've only shot an 870 Marine Magnum and a Benelli M4 and the M4 was a dream to shoot.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I've got one on layaway at a LPS (Local Pawn Shop). Total price, 169 clams. Can't wait to get that baby out of layaway and to the range. I eventually want to get a pistol grip and foregrip like this:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Its basic math 870>500 :devilsidesmile:
To me its worth the $25.00 in price.

·
Banned
401 Posts
I like my 500's I have two of them, one in 12 and one in .410, I can tell you what, there have been a heck of a lot of turkeys, pheasants and ducks that have graced my table because of these shotguns!

:D

Dp

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
easy to load, easy to aim, easy to shoot, easy to maintain, easy to modify, easy to afford. I love my persuader and I love my 995. my wife thinks I have a problem 8)

i shot a benelli super black eagle or something like that when I went pheasant hunting for the first time. semi auto. nice gun, good balance. I had never hunted anything before and I got three birds, one that was flying directly away from me at about 30 yards. but i had a hell of a time trying to load the thing, way too complicated.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a Maverick 88, aren't they basically the same gun? Anyway, I love my maverick, and it only cost 150$, with a pistol grip or shoulder stock.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I have a Maverick 88, aren't they basically the same gun? Anyway, I love my maverick, and it only cost 150$, with a pistol grip or shoulder stock.
for the life of me, I can't keep track of the differences between the different models of the 500. I know which one I have, and thats about the extent of my expertise.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe mine is also a Maverick 88- 12 ga. It's the first gun I bought (for HD).

And yes lailr, Mavericks are made by Mossberg.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Its basic math 870>500 :devilsidesmile:
To me its worth the $25.00 in price.
Here it's more like $125 difference.

I have had 2 Maverick 88s and loved both. I still have one of them (I bought it shortly after I sold my other one...couldn't live without a shottie haha).

·
Registered
671 Posts
And yes lailr, Mavericks are made by Mossberg

But isn't the 88 basically the same as the 500 is what I was asking. :-[

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well for an "entry level" I do find it encouraging that the standard Mil issue assault shotgun is a Mossberg 500. Plus there are tons of mods. The only thing I want for mine is a combo stock with fore & aft pistol grips and maybe some rails/heat shields.

·
Registered
119 Posts
And yes lailr, Mavericks are made by Mossberg

But isn't the 88 basically the same as the 500 is what I was asking. :-[
:blink:
Oops! I misunderstood, sorry!

Although...I'm not sure that you can mod the Mavericks like you can the Mossbergs...
Anyone?

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Well for an "entry level" I do find it encouraging that the standard Mil issue assault shotgun is a Mossberg 500. Plus there are tons of mods. The only thing I want for mine is a combo stock with fore & aft pistol grips and maybe some rails/heat shields.
I think the only change i would make to mine it to add either a light or laser, probably a light though.

i'd have to try the pistol grip before I decided I wanted it or not.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Myself, I have a Mossberg 500 20 ga. with a 26" field barrel on it and my 2nd is a 500 ATP 12 Ga. with a tactical 18.5" barrel and I just purchased a pistol grip(in walnut) to put on her since she kicks so hard it bruises my shoulder, but man! What fun! Both are of the pump variety

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.