Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mossy has a bit of a problem. The wood on the forearm is just slighlt cracked where it meets the metal tabe that cycles the rounds. Is there a way to maybe glue it so it will be stronger...maybe wood glue? Its on the inside so it wont show on the outside...

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
You can gently open the area where the crack is and inject some Gorilla Glue or Titebond waterproof glue into the crack and then clamp it with a strap or belt or cloth wrapped around it and then twisted tight enough to close the crack but not so tight as to make matters worse. Let it dry and then scrape the squeeze out.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Honestly, with as cheap and plentiful as the parts are, you may just want to invest in a spare if you're interested in maintaining the original. If it's already cracked, wouldn't it suck to have it shatter completely in the field?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
My mossy has a bit of a problem. The wood on the forearm is just slighlt cracked where it meets the metal tabe that cycles the rounds. Is there a way to maybe glue it so it will be stronger...maybe wood glue? Its on the inside so it wont show on the outside...
Oh man, I just gave a wood Mossberg 500 12 ga fore arm away to a guy. I would of gave it to you if I knew. Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.