most common scope on HP carbines?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by RedBird94, Oct 6, 2014.

1. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

looking at putting a 3x9x40 on my 4595 when I get it. Welcome any thoughts

2. mawguy

mawguy Sheep Dog Member

I had a scope and replaced it with a red dot sight. My thought was that if I was shooting at 100+ yards, a scope was needed, but the gun was lacking. If I was shooting at less than 100 yards, the gun was adequate, but the scope was in the way of my sight picture. Your mileage may vary.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I like a little less magnification for plinking, but a 3X9 would be good for target shooting.

My favorite is my Simmons 1.5-5X20 Whitetail classic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I had a scope on my 995ts for a bit, but the plastic top rail is not stable enough to keep zero. I put the iron sights back on. I have a red dot on my 4595ts and I dont really care for it either. I may get a low profile top rail from longshot mfg. For both of em.

5. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

nice looking rifle ajole. did you do the camo yourself?

6. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Just for fun I did put my 6-24x50 scope which is capable of 1k yrds on my 995TS

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, that's an OEM Camo classic, they came in 995 and 4095. They also make the green JCP and JHP grip scales in that style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Most common scope on HP carbines?

cheap!!!

:D

9. Had the same problem and this can be very annoying. Tho I pulled the rail and used blue loctite on the screws and it seems to be holding now.

10. RedBird94

RedBird94 Member

had the "staying tight" problem with a laser on a a S&W SD40VE I had. The blue thread locker stopped it. Always keep that stuff around

11. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I might have to try that, thanks

12. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Whatever scope HP offers as a factory option.
    Though I did notice they offer the carbines with a 4x red dot, but only offer the normal one in their accessories page