Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So what is the most lethal shotgun shell I can use in my Winchester Defender 1300?
A slug? A quadruple ought buckshot?
Also what is the least lethal shell I can use?
Quail loads?
Multipurpose loads?

Lastly, what should I use for home defense? what type of shell I mean.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
#4 Buck for defense home defense.
Less than lethal loads? Don't even think about loading up a defense firearm with less than lethal loads.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input.
I have some double ought and some #4 buck.

I guess I should clarify, I am not looking for less than lethal by any means.
I guess what I am asking is, would my Federal multipurpose load stop an intruder?
Would it have the stopping power to kill with one blast? Or is the shot to small?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
#4 or 00 at close range, either will ruin your day permanently. heck, at less than 10 feet #8 trap shot is a 2" diameter plug of lead that will punch right through a human. shotguns are big mojo for home defense.

SW
Cool. I have my Defender loaded with #8 trap shot right now.
I was pretty sure that would do the job, but I just wanted to clarify.
Thanks SW.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
its close to the smae mixture as thermite. iron oxide and (ithink) powdered aluminum or possibly magnesium. i have seen anecdotal reports of barrel damage from them but it was on arfcom and gunsnet so take them with a grain of salt in that regard.

SW

·
Registered
250 Posts
The best is quadrangle buckshot with 9 sharp corners to each pellet. Sadly its for military and police only. I like #4 myself since it might get used within the house. X

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I don't know..don't have a shotgun..as far as lethality...quail loads almost killed Cheneys hunting parther 8)

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
definitely the most lethal round...hands down http://www.firequest.com/catalog/G12-033MoreInfo.html
If you are hunting clowns :D :D
or uninvited guests....
http://www.ieweekly.com/cms/story/detail/gatsby_goes_gonzo/959/
Everyone wanted to be Thompson's friend and he kept them to a small circle. He had a sign posted out front his Woody Creek home near Aspen that said, "Guests of guests are not welcome." Still, after reading some of these accounts, you have to wonder why anyone would put up with his shat. Witness the story of one neighbor who was greeted by the barrel of a shotgun which Thompson discharged in his face. The gun was loaded with confetti.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
try 7 shot at 7yrds it is a solid projectile at 25 it is very deadly yet it will not normally pen Sheetrock walls. You kids or live in close quarters IE apt your buckshot will give unintended results. other hurt.
i have a two pistols and a 12 with rock salt and bird shot in my house

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.