Motorcycles and carbines

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by menhir, Apr 27, 2014.

1. menhir

menhir Member

I'd like to ride my motorcycle to the range (or anywhere else for that matter), but transporting my carbine usually means taking the car.

I'm curious, does anyone else here take their bikes out to the range and how do you handle carrying a carbine/rifle on your motorcycle?

Also, I don't want to scare the muggles. The zippered fabric case I have is so shaped that it's obvious it contains a firearm.
    Maybe I should put a happy face sticker on it, maybe. rolleyes:
    Maybe I shouldn't even care, but I'm curious.

2. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

forget the smiley face, embroider it with "if you don't like my rifle get out of my country" or if your not a total ******* try "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

realize i did not answer your question because i was being a sarcastic ass
    when i used to carry long guns on my bike i placed them across my back in a soft case, most people wont care and you have the added advantage of no one tailgating you
    i always carry a handgun and would open carry the majority of the time

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014

3. A "non gun" case like a guitar case works well at urban camo, holds the gun and everyone thinks you are just a musician.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Combo sissy bar/gun rack. And my gun bag sticker would read "Traffic Control".

5. oarlock

oarlock Member

Gig bag

go to your local hock shop and buy a gig bag. got mine for 8 bucks. had pockets for mags etc

6. rickm

rickm Member

just get a scabbard and mount to the front forks of the bike

7. menhir

menhir Member

The guitar case/gig bag thing sounds like a workable solution. :cool:
    Actually, I am a guitarist (using a very loose definition of the term "guitarist" :rolleyes: ) and I used to ride to my lessons with my guitar case strapped onto my back. I wonder why I didn't think of this myself. D'oh!

And coincidentally, I saw a used gig bag at a local thrift store a few days ago...I should go back and see if they still have it.

Some of the other more colorful suggestions would be more to my liking of course, except that I'm trying to avoid attention. ;)

I once considered mounting an old disabled machine gun to a motor scooter just for fun but, in a rare moment of mental clarity, I decided against it. :D

PS: The violin case was too small. I tried it.

8. blu

blu Member

I use a 10 dollar guitar gig bag that has backpack straps works fine. can even get my marlin 336 with scope and ammo and ?

9. It's easy. Put it in a black soft sided case with a "no guns" sign velcro'd to it. The liberals your worried about will think nothing is in the case, after all everyone follows the signs

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    OH you were looking for discrete? Don't know much about that. I'm the guy that needs a screw for a firearm and walks into Home Depot carrying said firearm to be sure I get the right size.

11. desertrider

desertrider Member

You could check out the VooDoo Tactical bags. I've got a 42" double rifle bag that is rectangular and has backpack straps built in. Since it is rectangular, you can't say it is shaped like a traditional rifle case. Has plenty of velcro pockets for accessories, too.