·
Registered
4,755 Posts
98 Snake Eater vs GoPed
You'll never guess who wins!

·
Registered
127 Posts
did anyone notice the speed of the stang, he let off to only be going 60mph at the end of a 1/4 mile

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are many videos out there of some great imports as well as domestics. There is a video of a B16 (Honda 1.6L DOHC) making around 900hp. Its been a while back but we used to have a 93 Talon that ran high 9's in the 1/4. Its amazing what these little motors can do.

John Sheppard, great guy. He has a fast Talon and he drives it daily, or used to.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
that is the only fast import, ever.

·
Registered
49 Posts
LOL, there are a few fast ones around these parts. A guy here bought my old 993 Turbo which ran 9.60's, theres a hatchback civic that runs 10's @ 145+(traction issues) and tons of EVO's and WRX's.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
WRX doesn't fit into the same genre as the honda accord with altezza tails.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh, forgot about this old guy from Thomasville with an Audi S4. I dont know what his times are b/c he doesnt race at tracks, only street races/gambles but I have seen him too many times take out full blown drag cars. It is amazing to see that little 4dr AWD car screaming like it does.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
If that was even a real cobra, it looks like a 99 or 01. Which means in stock shape they run around 14.00 in the quarter. Fast little rice bucket though. I mean low 14s with a briggs and stratton isnt bad at all. lol

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK try this one on for size,

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I like when they lose to some V8 muscle, then they come back with excuses like "Well, you got twice the motor I got" because then I can say "Well, that just means it weighs more..."

Oh, and Strangerous....I always keep this video on tap for you.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah the lightning and syclone have about the same 1/4 mile et's in general. From what I read on syclones that is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
the Syclones IMHO were awesome. You would be amazed at what a few hundred dollars could make these trucks do (Typhoons included). And the TD06 was a good match for these engines.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've got the best of both worlds... an 11 sec WRX and an 11 sec GTO. Both stock motors with bolt-ons & tune.. I'm all over youtube :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Uhh that was by far one of the slowest "Cobra"s I have ever seen... They tried to cut away after the run but it looked like it was 15 something... I wouldn't get so excited.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
They might be fast or faster... but I still don't like front drive ricers.

I would rather have a rear drive V8.

Just like some guys will never own a Hi Point.

However, unlike the Hi Point haters, I have shot a Hi Point, and I have driven front drive ricers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts