Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a brake on their 995?(Other than the one hi-point offers or the one the user of this site makes.) Id like to put one on mine; mostly just for looks.

-Jay

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Put mine on today. Have not fired it with the MB on, but I do like the looks.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing against Bushman's brake, I just dont like the sharp design. Maybe something like this:

I have this same brake on my Mossberg 702 and it looks way cool.

-Jay

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Contact bushman and show him the pic. He may be able to help you.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
How do I get a hold of the maker of this? bushman?
You don't. He's long ago gotten out of the business, wanted more time with the family.

Too bad, his stuff was great, I don't know if it was CAD stuff, but if it was, and if he would sell the data, I bet someone could turn them out.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Don't know if I put this pic up anywhere, but this is a pic of two Bushman breaks, one of them is the one in Waltham41's post above, I bought it from him last year. It was the first (only?) .40 one he did, Waltham was the Beta tester, and he had him mark it well to avoid issues. It needs repainted

·
Oppulent Disparity
303 Posts
If you have the ability, or money to pay, to thread the barrel, there's a guy on ebay that makes custom brakes / flash hiders from billet Al. Has many, many different and custom styles, will thread them to your specs, and even offers colored anodizing. Think about $60.

I was trying to get a group buy going on some .410 saiga brakes that would be custom threaded, but there wasn't really any interest. Im guessing because most dont have the ability to thread their own barrel.

·
Oppulent Disparity
303 Posts
I thought Saiga shotgun barrels were threaded?
Not sure. Id assume so since the place i was in contact with sold brakes/hiders of all the same threading i've seen from other places. Different calibers were different threading obviously. To my knowledge, they made their own in house. I asked if they could thread them for x-xx thread as opposed to the threading for a 410 saiga. They happily said they could, no problem.
I asked for a custom thread because that thread size would be the easiest for someone to do DIY on a barrel of .660 OD (for 4095, dont know 995 barrel OD). I think it was M17x1. The 410 muzzle devices are an M15 thread i believe.

I'd have to go look in my email to be sure on details, but i think it was Dinzag Arms i was in contact with.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.