Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a free engine from my Physiology teacher today...all I had to do was drive 60 miles to pick it up. This is a COMPLETE engine, less a few accesories and the main harness. This is the only pick I have right now, more will follow when I get home this weekend and set it up on the stand.

Oh, and my economy is doing a bit better too...

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Yea, that thing is rough. Hope it works for you Maaso.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rough? Other than the usual surface rust that thing is spotless. GM quit painting their engines in like....96 because they switched to aluminum blocks, which don't need to be painted. So they quit painting them all. That particular engine has less than 17K on it(granted, they were all towing in a fleet truck) but look at it, the steel freeze plugs havent even started to rust yet, the gaskets are in pefect condition...even have the normal seapage. It hasn't even had time to be corroded yet from the Dex-cool.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
For any used engine, that thing is a diamond in the rough. As a former, reformed ASE *almost* certified tech, I have to say that most people don't know what they're looking at when they look at an engine of any kind. I had a friend of mine pick up a 8.0L Caterpillar engine that only had 8,000 miles on it, *Yes, I said 8,000 miles on the engine* as it came out of a truck that was completely totaled and the guy got full sticker price for the truck. Here's a link to a similar engine, and I'll let you guys guess what my buddy paid for his.

http://www.pilotengines.com/servlet...s&medium=ppc&gclid=COvFlZHR0Z0CFSWlagodHWffqw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts