Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my first Hi Point, which is a new C9. As all of my reading said, I loaded 100 rounds for our 1st outing, of which I had three hiccups. Everything I shot I loaded, which consisted of 10 groups of 10 different loads all using 124/125gr bullets with 10 different cartridge lengths. Three of the groups used different kinds of 125gr .357 bullets - SWC's, lead truncated cone & Hornady JHP. The other seven loads used 124gr lead round nose (3 groups all lubed differently), lead truncated cone, plated round nose, Remington JHP & Rainer JHP bullets. The hiccups came indesciminately and seemed to be more about the brass than the bullets because all of the hiccups were the result of not ejecting the previously fired round. Each time the empty piece of brass was stuck sideways a top of the next round in the magazine. So all in all I am very happy with my $120 investment. I already have another 200 rounds ready to go for our next outing, just waiting on a couple of extra magazines that I ordered. Anything I should do in regards to the hiccup I experienced or is that just part of the breaking in experience? Thanks in advance, Brett

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Hold it a little firmer. Don't let your wrist flex up, and most of the FTE will go away.

I just reread your post. Three different case lengths?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to see what worked & what didn't, so I mixed it up. And to my delight, everything worked, which made very happy. Just put 200 more through it & she was flawless. I'm hooked. I think the .45 is next. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts