My 22's.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by CajunBass, Jan 5, 2008.

1. I took some pictures of my 22 "collection" if you want to call it that.

Rifles.

Marlin 39-A, Stevens 46, Remington 597, Ruger 10/22 Wally-World Special, Ruger 10/22 DSP.

[​IMG]

Handguns

Ruger MK III, 22/45 BSA red dot, Ruger MK II, NRA endowment model, Ruger Single Six, 50 Anniversary, Bersa Firestorm.

[​IMG]

I need more 22's. Especially Rugers. :D

2. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio

3. The Stevens 46 looks to be in vg shape, does it shoot well? Oh, wanna part with it?

Rest of the collection looks real nice and should make for a relaxing day at the bench.

4. Well, it's true you can't have too many guns; so it must follow you'll never have enough .22s.

Nice group of rimfires you've got there, don't stop buying them now.

5. No, that one's not for sale. A buddy of mine gave it to me years ago, after I gave him a fishing rod I knew he wanted. I also knew he didn't have any money to pay me for it, so I told him not to worry about it, I didn't use the rod anyway.. A few days later he came by with the rifle and insisted I take it. He said he didn't use it anyway and it couldn't hit the side of a barn. I told him I'd hold it for him.

He moved to New Mexico a year or so later. Never came back for the rifle. Then he passed away suddenly. I guess one of my boys will get it one of these days.

It sat in my gun cabinet for years, probably ten or so, and I never even shot it. Then one day when I was recovering from my heart surgery I got it out and cleaned it. Big chunks of lead came out of the barrel, I mean chunks. After I saw that, I took it to the range, and it's a pretty good shooter. Light as a feather, and a joy to hunt with. I don't hunt with it often, but will pull it out once in a while.

6. That's alot of plinkin fun right there!

7. shelbyzman

shelbyzman Member

USA
    Very nice collection!!! :D

8. Very nice collection. Makes me keep thinking that I need to get more 22s as well. I only have a Mark III 22/45 and a problem child Marlin 70.

9. 3 of my .22 pistols:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rifles I have a stainless 10/22 with silver Simmons 4x scope and a Henry Goldenboy lever action.

10. Ari

Ari Guest

This is a heck of a gun if you can find one and have some bucks

11. I got it from an estate sale for $500...most I've ever spent on a .22

But I've seen them at gunshows for $850! :eek:

12. NRAJOE,

An older gent I know has one of The Victor .22's and it has one of the sweetest triggers I ever felt on a factory gun. Fit and finish on those pistols is nothing short of being a work of art and well worth the price they command these days.

13. Yeah, glad I found one....probably never would of bought one....

14. All I can say is this:

Of the 3 pistols and 1 rifle that I have, I am put to shame with the quality posted in this thread. Some great looking .22's here guys... Props big time!

15. CBags04

CBags04 Guest

Its good to have .22lr with ammo as expensive as it is.

16. You know, I agree with you 100%, but even as expensive as ammo is today, it's cheaper than it used to be. When I was into shooting years ago, I remember paying 15-20 bucks a box for 9mm and 45 ammo. Back then there was no such thing as WWB, or Rem-UMC, Blazer Brass etc. There was Remington and Winchester, and Federal. That was it. And I was making a lot less money then than I am now. (This would have been in the early 80's)

But 22's are both cheap and FUN! Guns and the ammo.