Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
Drill, tap, remove broken bolt, replace...15 minutes, plus 10 minutes thinking,"how hard DID this guy crank on this thing to break it?"
Plus 6-10 days of shipping, and wait time if they are really busy...
and seriously, how hard DID you crank that thing? :D

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
broke the bolt?????????.........How?????????

I can't imagine how you did that. Was the bolt screwed in all the way? Please let us know how this happened.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hand tightened it with the tool, and kept thinking it wasnt tight enough. So, and this was my own damn fault, I grab my adjustable wrench and tighten it down a bit more. Took it to the range, shot it some, brought it back, tried to take the bolt out so it'd fit in the original box for storing. It was stuck. So I grabbed the wrench again to try and loosen it. Thought it was unscrewing. Nope. Snapped off like a twig.

So the snapped off bolt is in there, just about flush with the receiver. I call HP and tell them. They send out another bolt, saying I might be able to just screw it out, you know, push out the broken bit. Nope. So I try to drill it out. Made a bit of a hole. Snapped the bit.

When I was a generator mechanic in the Air Force, I kept not tightening things enough because I was worried about breaking them, and they kept telling me in the Air Force to give it a little elbow grease. Well, tried too hard, broke it.

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
I had a buddy in the Army, mechanic as well. He broke wrenches, bolts, and everything else he worked on. But he also didn't have a woman.... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.