Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really like this gun. It's not the best out there, but damn it's fun to shoot if you don't mind an awful trigger haha. It's pretty quiet shooting 45 acp out of a 17.5 inch barrel. Wish so bad I had a suppressor! Haven't got to try the 40 drum magazine yet. So far the Redball 20 rounds mags work well.
I give this gun a 4.3/5. I wish it had better magazine options such as double stack mags. Again, the trigger is pretty bad but it's still fund to shoot. The ProMag drum magazine sucks. Falls out all the time. Don't buy it. The 20 Round Red Ball mags works well. Stick with those.
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Recreation
Air gun Machine gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to the zoo. Nice set up. Being a southpaw, I think that sling would get in my way, but I still like the look

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
300 Posts
They're more fun than almost should be allowed!
Here are my two: 995 and 4595
I put the bullpup stock on the 995, but couldn't resist the Stars & Stripes on the 4595.

Air gun Machine gun Wood Trigger Shotgun

With that .45 cal drum, the 4595 has equal firepower to a semi-auto Thompson - and a fraction of the cost.,
and those stick mags are the cat's meow!!
Automotive tire Bicycle part Font Tool Bumper

Reactions: Rerun and Gunny G

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
I took my 4595 out the other day after having gone several years without touching it, and I was even more pleasantly surprised with its performance than I was the first time I shot it. Those awesome factory sights still held the same zero despite a couple of cross country moves and being bumped around while getting to other long guns in the safe, and they let me consistently whack clay pigeons arrayed around a pit from 15-25 yards, shooting off hand.

While the trigger isn't exactly something which breaks like glass, it is certainly very light weight, and the .45 ACP out of that long barrel makes very little noise. I had a great time with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With that .45 cal drum, the 4595 has equal firepower to a semi-auto Thompson - and a fraction of the cost.,
and those stick mags are the cat's meow!!
What brand of drum mag and stick mags are those? I have Promag Drum Mag and it totally sucks. Falls out the guns all the time. Wish I could get it to work well.

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
What brand of drum mag and stick mags are those? I have Promag Drum Mag and it totally sucks. Falls out the guns all the time. Wish I could get it to work well.
I think you have to swap out the mag catch from factory to a Thingmeister creation to use the 1911 drum and stick mags...

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Agreed,
I don't trust PROMAG stuff.
Never had a good experience with anything ProMag
I have had good experiences with their 9, 40, and 45 Hi-Point mags. (especially their 45's.) I have a couple of polymer 32rd Glock mags that sucked. I had to swap to better springs from Wolff. However the may blow the end plate off them (so I have heard) I have contemplated trying their hi-cap Canik mags. However the story goes they work good with Beretta followers.

Reactions: Gunny G

·
What the Hell was that?
793 Posts
I really like this gun. It's not the best out there, but damn it's fun to shoot if you don't mind an awful trigger haha. It's pretty quiet shooting 45 acp out of a 17.5 inch barrel. Wish so bad I had a suppressor! Haven't got to try the 40 drum magazine yet. So far the Redball 20 rounds mags work well.
I give this gun a 4.3/5. I wish it had better magazine options such as double stack mags. Again, the trigger is pretty bad but it's still fund to shoot. The ProMag drum magazine sucks. Falls out all the time. Don't buy it. The 20 Round Red Ball mags works well. Stick with those.
View attachment 76216 View attachment 76217
That’s a nice setup, been thinking about getting one for my 995TS.

·
Premium Member
22,163 Posts
Don't. I tried the ProMag Canik Mags for my TP9. They suck.
Key word was "Beretta" followers. If I can find the source for the followers I will try one and see how it works.

I have 2 42rd ProMag AR15 mags. They work fine. However they won't drop free. I bought them back in 2014, accidental purchase. ProMag/MagPul, sounded close.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Super Moderator
26,177 Posts
Key word was "Beretta" followers. If I can find the source for the followers I will try one and see how it works.

I have 2 42rd ProMag AR15 mags. They work fine. However they won't drop free. I bought them back in 2014, accidental purchase. ProMag/MagPul, sounded close.
I took the two 20rd AR pro mags MaryB donated to the Escape From NY fund and left one with the ex then filled the other with epoxy and turned it in to a vice block. They were garbage, even though she warned me and I still said sendem... I think they stuffed 30rd springs in the 20rd mags. The sides bowed out so they wouldn't drop free, they didn't line up with the mag catch so I had to carve out a bigger pocket with the dremel, and the feed lips held rounds in like they were structural jello. I tried though. I swear I did. Got them to drop free eventually, got them to hook the mag catch with no fiddling 95% of the time, but never got them to hold more than 10 rounds without randomly falling out mid shoot and/or puking double and triple feeds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts