My 45 has a hard time loading the first bullet.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by chuckpp, Aug 25, 2014.

1. chuckpp

chuckpp Member

We i try to load the first bullet it does feed correct it jams
    after i get it to load everything is great..
    chuck

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Do you 'guide' the slide with your hand or do you rack it and let it go like you mean it?
    Don't baby a HiPoint.

3. chuckpp

chuckpp Member

Guide it I think...

4. GKC

GKC Lifetime Supporter

I don't currently own a Hi-Point handgun, but from my experience with other semi-automatics, if you are riding the slide home (that is, not releasing it) you are probably inducing this malfunction. If you want to properly load the gun, with a loaded magazine in the pistol, pull the slide back as far as it will go and let it go completely from that fully retracted point. Don't keep your hand on the slide. Then it will (or should) properly strip a round from the magazine and chamber it.

If you are closing the slide on an empty chamber, when you are not trying to load the gun, it's fine to hold the slide and let it close slowly...and in fact, recommended (at least, most gun makers recommend that, to avoid possible damage.) When you are trying to load the gun, though, you don't want to "ride the slide."

5. mej24

mej24 Member

Was doing the same thing with my .45. After the 3 time, I got pissed off and rack the slide back hard and let go. No mis fires since .
    But you realy can't baby the slide, pull it back as far as it will go and let go.

The most effective way to stop a shooter is to shoot back.

6. I had the same problem with my C9 and I racked the slide with authority and not a problem since.

7. mej24

mej24 Member

I was going back far enough to chamber the round, just not far enough to engage firing pin/sear.
    What realy made me mad was that me and my son bought ours at the same time , mine wouldn't fire, he blowed through his first mag while I was messing around with mine.

The most effective way to stop a shooter is to shoot back.

8. BFH

BFH Member

I noticed with my c9 certain ammo that is longer (Blazer, Perfecta) or wider (Remington jhp). As the magazine is inserted the top round hits the last shot hold open and causes the round to tip forward in the mag. Then when I rack the slide it jams the nose of the round into the base of the feed ramp. I have to rack it with a strong assisted forward stroke. I call it "driving it home":D . And then it functions fine. If I use Remington UMC which is shorter I have zero issues and it loads like butter. Tulammo also loaded fine but I don't have any left to compare.

Something to consider. Might be ammo picky like mine.