My 45 hi point carbine

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by FordGuy06, Apr 13, 2014.

1. FordGuy06

FordGuy06 Member

Hey guys my names Edwin and I just bought my first gun a 45 hi point carbine! I'm new to this forum so would anyone help me in finding some good mods or parts that I can buy to make this already awesome gun even more awesome ?
    ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1397443219.883349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. motorcyclenut

motorcyclenut Phil Member

Welcome to the forum. I trust you will find all kinds of info on here, plus make sure you check out the articles that have been written in the Articles section of the forum. Enjoy and be safe!

3. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Welcome. There's a whole section in the forum on the carbines, and a boatload of threads about messing with them. The mag mount that goes on the stock (holds two more mags) and the foregrip for starters. Some people put red dots or scopes on them. Decorative barrel shroud. All kinds of paint jobs. The search function is your friend!:)

4. colthrash

colthrash Member

5 boxes of bullets and some paper plates to shoot at...:D

and a couple of spare magazines...

5. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

for a 4595 Carbine i would do this and is the same way i outfitted my 995TS but have since changed to a 3-9x32 scope instead of the red dot/magnifier

Sightmark Ultra shot Pro spec NV QD ....

http://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-Ult...=1397456236&sr=8-6&keywords=sightmark+red+dot

Sightmark 5x magnifier .. http://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-5x-...456371&sr=8-1&keywords=sightmark+5x+magnifier

45 deg offset irons ... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006X9DLQM/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Magpul rail to mount 45 deg offset front sight .... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003F6C6OE/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

here is my 995TS when i had the red dot /magnifier

[​IMG]

my 995TS with the 3-9x32 scope but still have the 45 deg offset sights installed

[​IMG]

6. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

Id just keep it simple maybe just a front grip and sling

7. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

You forgot the suppressor and grenade launcher

8. colthrash

colthrash Member

seriously go put a couple hundred rounds through it first. load your magazines for 3 or 4 days before you go. (helps set the springs) plus it will give you an idea of what you want to do first. after shooting mine, the first thing I wanted was the forward grip. (ergonomics) and a 3x9 scope (bad eyesight) think of it as a test drive...

9. desertrider

desertrider Member

^^^ There's your best advice.

Invest some cash in about 200 rds of ammo first, then take your carbine out and shoot it.

See how it feels in your hands and determine if you think you would benefit from a VFG ar AFG. I have VFG's on several long guns, but found that I really like the feel of my 4595TS handguard by itself.

Get familiar with your sights, you might find that you like them just fine the way they are. My eyesight isn't too good anymore, so I chose to go with an optic, which led to a different rail, then BUIS.

Always spend money on accessories that improve your shooting first, then buy the stuff that is aesthetic.

Oh, and have fun!

10. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

funny guy funny guy !!!:rolleyes: , a M203 won't fit and why use a suppressor on such a very weak recoil 9mm

11. Welcome, enjoy your new carbine! I just recently picked up a 4595 myself.

12. rbarna94

rbarna94 Member

So it will be silent of course

13. What optic did you get? Was the stock rail to wide?
    Thanks
    Mike

14. Did the 3-9x32 fit on the stock rail and if so what make is it.
    Thanks

15. desertrider

desertrider Member

I went with a Bushnell TRS25. The issue with the OEM rail isn't that it is too wide, the spaces in between the ribs are too narrow (Weaver rail vs. M1913). Since the rail is plastic, you can file the spaces to fit your accessories, but I just decided to go with an aftermarket aluminum rail.

Mine....

[​IMG]