Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so... I'm driving home & still chuckling about Mr. Boom's "tiny cookies" idea (http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,16178.0.html) and the images in my mind suddenly ring a bell...

ya know how those old cap n'ball revolvers are so messy? Ya load the grease or Crisco over the loaded balls to keep sparks from cross-firing & blowing the front of the gun off... in short, all the greasy mess splatters all over anything in a 2 foot radius... SOLUTION is to load a patch of flame-retardent material between the ball & powder in each cylinder... BUT I'm UGLY (read: $cheap$) so I use the grease... DING!

That's when Mr. Boom's cookie cutters hit me... those spent aluminum shell casings we're debating really CAN be cookie-cutters...

as soon as I got home I grabbed my chamfer tool & reamed a case until it had a SHARP opening. i chucked the shell-holder from my case-trimmer into the drill & proceeded to cut cookies from a thick piece of felt i had lying around... VIOLA!

My .44 chambers .454 round balls (peeling a small ring off the circumference obviously) and these cases cut a nice little .470 cookie that fits snugly behind each round. I'd need a torch to burn past these babys!!

a humorous idea can trigger an UGLY solution if we let it simmer. thanks Mr. Boom!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Now that is smart!

I bought a conversion cylinder for my Cap 'n ball so I don't have to deal with it at all. Much nicer that way.

Plus I got the R&D conversion cyilnder for my Remmy for 50 bux. Can't beat that!

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
serious? Tell me more Bobo...

to me half the fun of the old-timey revolvers is the mess & tedium of jamming powder & ball into place... but the other half... well it's the BOOM! What kind of ammo does it take with this conversion, i'm unfamiliar. Is it more reloading fun but w/black powder & soft lead?

intrigued... :devilsidesmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.