My $5 hardshell carbine case

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Biggunz, Feb 4, 2008.

1. So there I was wandering around Dicks sporting goods store with a $ 20 gift card in my pocket, when I come across a hardshell arrow case that I think can be modified to hold my 995 ( ticketed price $14.95). I take it to the register and it rings up $4.99 much to my pleasure ! :wink:

I threw in some old foam pieces I had laying around. When the little lady goes to the craft store I will have her pick up some full length foam and re-line the case.

As you can see in the last picture, I will need to trim out a section of the plastic storage compartment to accomodate my hi-rise scope mount.
    The compartment on the opposite side is perfect for about 3 mags.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cant beat that deal with 2 sticks! :)

3. HPHooked

HPHooked Member

Great score dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Shootest 995

Shootest 995 Guest

A little work witha dremel to clear out the storage area and you are in business! Good Deal !!

5. Cruiser

Cruiser Guest

Good deal, probably clearance because the foam liner was missing.

6. Not a bad deal... perhaps I will head over to the local Dicks and see what I can scrounge up.

7. neothespian

neothespian Member

I think you sir have won the buy of the week award! Very good score.

8. I never find cool stuff like that. Good job.

9. ab4ka

ab4ka Guest

I like that case! I've got mine in a Doskocil rifle case and it's about 2 feet too long. They just opened a new Dick's close to here...I've been looking for a reason to check it out :)

10. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Nice find Biggunz!
    I found the same deal about a year ago, still has the $4.97 sticker on it :lol: I guess it's that time of year for the archery stuff going on sale again.
    Those storage areas hold a 50 rd box of ammo perfectly, and I stick mags in the arrow slits so they don't go anywhere.
    My only complaints are that the case is a little small for 2 995s, and I didn't grab a second case when I had the chance.
    *AKs fit this case too*

11. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

Good find! Functional and cheap!