Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was bored last week and decided to paint up my 995 that I paid around 100 bucks for a month or so ago....I think it improves the looks somewhat. Took the 995 apart, hit it with multi light coats of Krylon Fusion from their camo line.

added note: I hate trigger locks but my safe is full...can't fit her in and have kids....so if it doesn't fit in the safe, locks go on.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Looks real good! Kudos to you for being a good painter and great Dad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanna say four...maybe five light coats each time.....Krylon fushion is some pretty good stuff.....goes on almost like a powder coat...really hard to screw up. I also painted and extra set of stock rubber grips for a 1911....looks real nice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
So I was bored last week and decided to paint up my 995 that I paid around 100 bucks for a month or so ago....I think it improves the looks somewhat. Took the 995 apart, hit it with multi light coats of Krylon Fusion from their camo line.

added note: I hate trigger locks but my safe is full...can't fit her in and have kids....so if it doesn't fit in the safe, locks go on.
Did you not get a trigger lock with your 995?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Very smooth looking paint job, cooks. I have been toying with the idea of desert camo for my 4095. I just might do it after seeing yours.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
How about an update after you fire, I'm curious how the paint around the charging handle holds up.

·
Registered
602 Posts
How do you get the bolt to stay open???
I can't lock mine open to save my life!

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Pull bolt back and push into the slot.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Pull bolt back and push into the slot.
Yeah mine won't do that. I wonder if I send it back if they will give me the new stock?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.