Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little inspiration from other ATI conversions; so I thought I'd try something different. I started with the ATI stock of course. I mounted the HP scope mount. I removed the front sight to replace with a barrel shroud which should be here early this week. I added a tactical base rail on the underside of the carbine to attach a hand held grip, with button release bi-fold legs.

I took the original barrel shroud from the HP set up, and mounted it to the ATI stock top rail. I did this just to give it a different look. I liked it anyways. The picture I took makes it look like I mounted it crooked. But it's just the angle I was holding the camera. It's straight on there, I assure you. I'm hoping to add a laser underneath the front of the HP barrel shroud, if it will hold one in place. I can run the pressure switch down the shroud tube, and out to the hand held grip. I'm hoping.

I added two silver double eagle emblems on each side of the barrel cover. Again, just for a different look. I'm still waiting on my 30mm military style red dot scope, and the barrel shroud (last two pictures). Waiting on Bushman to sell the charging handles again, so I can get one for it too. I will add pics, as I add accessories. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE!!!
The Chinese dropped the ball! They sent my package to Conway, Ark. I live in Ohio. So they're refunding my payment. Meanwhile, I found the same style scope that is not made for Airsoft. Here's the details below. Sunclear Vector Products is an ebay store that has quality people. I ordered around 1a.m. this morning, and received notice at 6:30a.m. that my item was already picked up for delivery. Stay away from "ehobbyasia" on ebay. While they have good communication; they're service is poor. And they cannot confirm delivery. I have to wait 30 days for my unclaimed product to be sent back to China before they will refund my payment.

Tactical 1x30 M2 Red Green Dot Scope (SCRD-04)

Tactical Military Version, With Low L Flat (default) OR Cantilever Weaver Mount, Green and Red Dot, Fit for Real Fire Caliber and Ammunition, Laser Lettering

Magnification: 1.0x
Objective Lens Dia: 30mm
Exit Pupil: 28 mm
Length: 120mm (4.7 inch)
Weight (net): 300g with all fitting (10.6 ounce)
Eye Relief: Free
Field of View ([email protected]):
Field of View ([email protected] 100M):
Field of View (@100yds): 57'
Optics Coating: Multi Coated
Reticle: Red and Green Dot with 2 Levels Brightness
Evaluation Range: ± MOA
Windage Range: ± MOA
30mm Monotube
Shock proof, water proof and fog proof
High-durability aluminum alloy in black matt and beautiful complement
Feature 1/2 M.O.A windage and elevation with audible clicks for greater precision
Free Fitting involved: Low L flat mount (default) OR cantilever mount and flip-up caps. Please notice us if you need Cantilever mount.​

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Not a fan at all, sorry.

Your "vertical grip" isn't vertical at all, I've never liked Gripods and emblems belong on cars, not rifles, IMO. Props on trying something new, but it's just not something I'd ever consider putting one of my own rifles through.

·
Registered
66 Posts
UPDATE!!!
The Chinese dropped the ball! They sent my package to Conway, Ark. I live in Ohio. So they're refunding my payment. Meanwhile, I found the same style scope that is not made for Airsoft. Here's the details below. Sunclear Vector Products is an ebay store that has quality people. I ordered around 1a.m. this morning, and received notice at 6:30a.m. that my item was already picked up for delivery. Stay away from "ehobbyasia" on ebay. While they have good communication; they're service is poor. And they cannot confirm delivery. I have to wait 30 days for my unclaimed product to be sent back to China before they will refund my payment.

Tactical Military Version, With Low L Flat (default) OR Cantilever Weaver Mount, Green and Red Dot, Fit for Real Fire Caliber and Ammunition, Laser Lettering

Field of View (@100yds): 57?
30mm Monotube
Feature 1/2 M.O.A windage and elevation with audible clicks for greater precision
Free Fitting involved: Low L flat mount (default) OR cantilever mount and flip-up caps. Please notice us if you need Cantilever mount.​
Hell i live about 30 miles from conway i could use one

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a fan at all, sorry.

Your "vertical grip" isn't vertical at all, I've never liked Gripods and emblems belong on cars, not rifles, IMO. Props on trying something new, but it's just not something I'd ever consider putting one of my own rifles through.
Take another look at the gun stock...It's not very horizontal either. So I guess unless I buy the slant mount from Bushman, a slanted grip is something we'll both have to live with. The emblems were given to be by a leather worker, not an auto worker. But it's America, and your entitled to your opinion. Thanks for stopping by.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE!!!

Field of View (@100yds): 57'
30mm Monotube
Hell i live about 30 miles from conway i could use one
Well, don't get one from ehobbyasia!

·
Registered
76 Posts
personally, I like the grip/bipod combos, and have been considering getting one for mine. I liked the ATI stock alot more right when I bought mine, but just like the ugly dog from the shelter, after hanging out with it for a while you start to think it's pretty loveable just the way it is. I bought mine used, and the guy before me added a rail on the bottom of the factory stock, (I had to re-do it though), a red dot sight, and painted the receiver cover and barrel shroud red, not sure if I am gonna keep it like that much longer though.

Oh, I like the factory barrel shroud mounted on the ati, I think that looks kinda cool, and with the shroud on the tip of the barrel it should all flow pretty good.

here is a shot of mine....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
personally, I like the grip/bipod combos, and have been considering getting one for mine. I liked the ATI stock alot more right when I bought mine, but just like the ugly dog from the shelter, after hanging out with it for a while you start to think it's pretty loveable just the way it is. I bought mine used, and the guy before me added a rail on the bottom of the factory stock, (I had to re-do it though), a red dot sight, and painted the receiver cover and barrel shroud red, not sure if I am gonna keep it like that much longer though.

Oh, I like the factory barrel shroud mounted on the ati, I think that looks kinda cool, and with the shroud on the tip of the barrel it should all flow pretty good.

here is a shot of mine....

Thank you for your comments. I think the red is unusually cool in a weird kinda way. Yeah, I just wanted to personalize it alittle more to my liking. I really didn't care if some people didn't like what I've done....I just wanted to share my ideas. Nobody has to like them though. Thanks again for looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts