Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 weeks ago I bought a 995. Shot 3 rounds through it and the chamber locked up. Would not release at all. Sent it back to Hi-Point, in Ohio. I got it back yesterday. There was a list inside of what parts they replaced. The list was long. No reply as to what happened. But, they did send me a new mag and a charging handle. Now I can't wait to get to the range to put some rounds through it. Then I have a new ATI stock ready and waiting to be fixed up. Thanks Hi-Point. Good Service.

roger :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Was the Carbine new or used? I bought a new one & no problems at all. Glad to hear they took care of it for you! If it was new was it the Serial Number that starts with E..?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it was brand new and I only shot 3 rounds through it. And my serial # does start with an E.
I took it out to the range today and shot about 150 rounds and no problems at all. Thats why I bought it I guess. SO now I'm happy again and Hi-Point did a good job. I also shot about 50 rounds through the 4095 and now I am having troubles with the trigger catching all the time. ???? Guess I'm gonna have to try a bushman trigger job.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry to hear about the trigger problem on the other carbine. Let us know how it goes & what the problem was. You are not shooting +P+ ammo are you by chance? I think they only reccomend +P in the carbines.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok here's an update to the 995 after returning from the shop. I have had this thing out twice now in past few weeks, put around 300 rounds through it without any flaws. Its working perfect for sure. Today I was so happy with it I went out to the shed and put the new ATI stock on. Only trouble was, I had to bore out the holes a little to attach the shroud cover. Otherwise it was very simple and easy, especially for me to do it by my self. :roll:

roger :D I'm very pleased with the 995 now. I hope it still shoots ok with the new stock on. hahahaha

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I would like to hear what Hi-Point found the problem to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts