Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two trucks on Mexican highway hijacked. Millions of rounds gone. Aguila brand ammo.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That 22LR HV Copper plated works in all my guns. Pistols and rifles. Very accurate in my guns. Been waiting some time for it to come back up here. Guess it may be a lot longer wait now.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
122 Posts
One of the local stores had it 4.99 a box (Lee County, VA) I guess if they'd seen this it would have been more. Just out of curiosity, how much is it running your way.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the local stores had it 4.99 a box (Lee County, VA) I guess if they'd seen this it would have been more. Just out of curiosity, how much is it running your way.
There is none to buy that I know of.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read about that from Tactical Shit news. Those damn narcos are out of control. At least they didn't execute the drivers.
Yea, they found them later some where from what I have read. If it was a Cartel thing, I am very surprised they left two drivers alive as a witness.

Reactions: Think1st

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
That 22LR HV Copper plated works in all my guns. Pistols and rifles. Very accurate in my guns. Been waiting some time for it to come back up here. Guess it may be a lot longer wait now.
Hey O_O any info or experience with that AGUILA SSS? Sub-Sonic Sniper. 60 grain? I have a brick of that, plus a partial box, but I heard it tends to keyhole. I was just hoping for quiet, slow, fat lead blobs flying thru the air killing whistlepigs at relatively close range at night
I got the S&W 15/22 and the Henry octagon barrel 20" and the Henry is very quiet even with standard velocity 40gr. I don't know any of the twist rates off the top of my head, but I'm thinking these 2 would be my best bets.

Got a good bit of the HV Aguila too, most people around here don't like furreners too much and Aguila was usually the last to sell, so I ended up with plenty.

·
Premium Member
36,328 Posts
Hey O_O any info or experience with that AGUILA SSS? Sub-Sonic Sniper. 60 grain? I have a brick of that, plus a partial box, but I heard it tends to keyhole. I was just hoping for quiet, slow, fat lead blobs flying thru the air killing whistlepigs at relatively close range at night
I got the S&W 15/22 and the Henry octagon barrel 20" and the Henry is very quiet even with standard velocity 40gr. I don't know any of the twist rates off the top of my head, but I'm thinking these 2 would be my best bets.

Got a good bit of the HV Aguila too, most people around here don't like furreners too much and Aguila was usually the last to sell, so I ended up with plenty.
The Aguila SSS is about 850 fps, and works best in a 1:9 or slower twist. Emphasis on slower.
If you don’t have that slow twist, you’re going to tumble at 50 yards. Or sooner, depending.

But they’ll shoot accurately in the right gun. My CZ 457 Scout with the 1:16 twist likes them. And thanks to the weight, they’ll penetrate well too, even with that slow speed.
They also cycle my suppressed Victory. Never tried them in any other semi.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
The Aguila SSS is about 850 fps, and works best in a 1:9 or slower twist. Emphasis on slower.
If you don’t have that slow twist, you’re going to tumble at 50 yards. Or sooner, depending.

But they’ll shoot accurately in the right gun. My CZ 457 Scout with the 1:16 twist likes them. And thanks to the weight, they’ll penetrate well too, even with that slow speed.
They also cycle my suppressed Victory. Never tried them in any other semi.
I wonder what the twist is on Dad's old Savage? Single shot bolt, 24" barrel and what almost appears to be a youth stock. don't remember the model of it

·
Premium Member
36,328 Posts
Being old, it’s probably 1:16. Old Mossbergs are the same.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
Being old, it’s probably 1:16. Old Mossbergs are the same.
It might be older than Dad

His two oldest firearms were the H&R 9 shot Revolver with the drop out cylinder, and this Savage. He got one of them at 15, the pistol I believe, and the rifle even younger, I know one was new and the other was used. Pretty sure the Savage is the older one.

1:16 would be sweet with that SSS

That old 640T Mossberg, 22mag. What kinda twist on that?

Thanks @ajole

1 - 19 of 19 Posts