My AR project is almost finished..

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MaryB, Jun 15, 2014.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Almost done, barrel is supposed to be in next week. DPMS lower, no name slick side stripped upper, del ton upper internals, buffer parts. My gun dealer builds ARs and uses these really nice looking fluted barrels that are high quality so going that route. Hand guard is a Midwest Industries free float. Will be adding a bipod and a scope, this is going to be one of my coyote rifles.

[​IMG]

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Looks good Mary! (Needs a skull sticker though.)

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

off to a good start i'd say. if the Midwest Industries parts are half as nice as the parts they make for AK's, you'll really like the final fit and feel. top notch company for sure.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Tell me how the warranty will work on a gun with multiple parts?

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

What warranty? I am the builder and this is customized to my wants.

It os getting the grim reaper laser engraved on the lower and a row of skull down both sides of the upper. Still working on the artwork for the laser though, row of skulls is tricky.

6. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Show me a gun with only one part!;)

7. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I meant multiple mfg's parts, from different companies. How many times have we (HP) shooters called or sent our guns back to the factory if something is not working correctly? So if I build an AR, and it doesn't operate as it should, do I send each part back to the respective mfg for repair or replacement? I have noticed some AR parts have a lifetime warranty on their particular part. Will they say I installed the part incorrectly, or I screwed something up & renege on the warranty? I'm just asking how, why & when before I would start a build.

8. Bull

from what little I've read, sounds like a lot of AR makers outsource a lot of their parts anyways, so it might not be too bad sending individual parts back for replacement..... I dunno...

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

My gun dealer will stand behind the parts I bought from him, and in an AR the main problems areas are BCG and gas system. Beyond that not much to go wrong. I plan on picking up a spare BCG, lower parts kit, and I already have a spare buffer setup. Barrel he can send back to manufacturer he buys from(Wilson I think), BCG is del ton and they would stand behind any manufacturer defect. Pretty hard to screw up on assembling an AR. Lower is probably the hardest with lots small bits and springs.

10. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

And finally finished, need to have my gun guy check head spacing before I fire it to make sure it is good to go. Won't be able to shoot for at least 10 more days anyway. Recovering from hand surgery.

[​IMG]

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Aw, come on, use the other hand, your gun has a shell deflector, you'll be fine.:p

12. eet

eet Member

My son's birthday is today and for his birthday he got all of the parts to build his dream AR. Since I was so excited he got the box O' parts a little early and he just finished his build. I can relate to the fun of building one. I made him do all of the work though. I thought it would be good for him to understand and know the gun inside and out.

Attached Files:

13. Bull

Pretty cool eet!

14. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Sweet gift! part of why I wanted to build this was the exact same reason. See how it all went together, and see how quality I could build on a budget