Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened upon a 19yr old working at our local carwash yesterday and he saw the Mauser logo decal on my rear window and asked if I'd be interested in buying one, all he knew was it had berlin on it and was 7mm. I gave him my card and he arrived later that afternoon at my house and sold this little jewel to me for $40, I do love private, ftf local transactions. I believe this is a 1893 Model original Spanish Mauser Carbine , the stock looks to have been sporterized by removing the upper handguard and the front portion of the stock, also there are 2 plugs on the bottom of the wrist where the sling mount was to have been. All numbers match and after about 20 passes with a brush and some Hoppes the bore and chamber look superb.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Dang thats just wrong, we spend coutless hours hunting for a deal and they all seem to fall into the Krippp family lap :sick: :sick: :sick:

Just kidding Krippp..................

Well done a very fine rifle you got there and yes if that kid ever finds out what he had ............oh well.............

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it stolen?
That was my first question to him and his coworkers, and his cousin, aunt and uncle that just happen to live next door to me and all verified that it's been in his family for a long time, his father had abandoned them long ago and the kid doesn't hunt he just wanted some change for it and that was that

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would almost double check the Serial Number just incase. If you find anymore great deals like that you have to let others know!
I did a check with S.L.E.D. for any reports on this gun and it came back clean. If I find more deals like this I promise to let others know............after I buy it and bring it home that is!

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did pick up 6 C&R guns in the last 12 months that were free, most were Mosins but the T99 was the best of that bunch. This Spainish might just top them all right now though for the amount that it is worth even in it's current configuration, research so far shows that only 5000 were ever made in germany.

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
AH>>>the life of the man that could step into a bucket of feces and bring out his foot with a jewel stuck to the underside of his shoe.

Good buy for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.