My birthday carbine.

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by griff30, Jan 5, 2008.

1. griff30

griff30 Member

Top pic is my custom 10/22 bull barrel second is stock stainless 10/22 a girl used at 4h camp. The third pic is my new Hi-point 995.
    [​IMG]

2. griff30

griff30 Member

Funniest thing, after posting my 995's ATI stock hit the door via fedex!

3. Nice birthday present.

Did you get any birthday ammo to go with it?

But. does it match your birthday suit?

Please--no pictures--please :mrgreen:

4. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Dang Griff, those flashy Hi-Point factory stickers really make those 10/22s look pretty sad and dull :lol:
    Happy Birthday brother :D

5. Are you gonna shoot the new carbine before you mount the new stock?

6. good for you and sweet looking guns, man!

Happy Birthday on ya.

7. Jarhead1775

Jarhead1775 Guest

Those laminated stocks on the 10/22's are absolutely gorgeous. Congrats and Happy Birthday.

8. Anyone want to try to laminate a Hipoint stock? It would sell

9. griff30

griff30 Member

Thanks all got to play outside earlier with my 995.
    Nice accurate. dont care for the trigger though, too much creep. Maybe I can adjust it some.
    well off to cleaning and maybe put my stock on.
    My kid gets the old stock with a PVC barrel.

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Hang on to your stock in case you need to send it back to the factory or they will remove the ATI and send it back with a new stock on it

11. griff30

griff30 Member

Actually I tried the ATI stock, nice bigger grip for my hands but I cannot get the forward reciever bolt to line up with the hex cap. rather than mar up a new carbine Im holding off, putting it back into the stock stock and play again. getting late and rainy though and I dont care to shoot in this weather anymore. (damn I sound like an old cuss)
    Might try to file down some of the ATI stock to make it fit. Either that or I would need some automotive bolts and fancy wing nuts just to get this stock on.
    Pity, I like the Battlestar galactica look of it.

Range report: with Winchester WAL*MART 147 grain it's very quiet with more recoil than out of my Taurus PT92, alot more. Then again I saw no muzzle flash either, the extra barrel length gives that gunpowder time to burn in the barrel, nice change. Still dont like the loose feel of the trigger. I gotta find a field guide on this to tighten that creep up.

12. Yes, that's exactly what you need to do. Get a small rattail file and just pass it back & forth through the hole a few times. The instruction sheet even refers to this.

Also don't forget the mag release button bushing goes on before you screw-on the retainer plate. I missed that step at first.

13. griff30

griff30 Member

I put the old stock on and spent 50 rounds on some plastic pepsi bottles. What fun, well more like wet fun. well off tto dry and clean my piece and file the assembly.
    night folks!

14. Shootest 995

Shootest 995 Guest

Absolutely beautiful furniture!! That wood is some of the prettiest ive seen in along time!

15. griff30

griff30 Member

Thanks.
    The 10/22 in grey is laminate. The red rosewood is not laminate but solid wood from http://www.hornetproducts.com/bin/category.asp?category=17 the barrel is green mountain. I reall have kept from getting the barrel black cromed but still tempting.
    The tabletop finish is cuortesy of my 3 year old with a screwdriver and a ball point pen. (Sigh) Its now a spare table.

16. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Nice collection!
    Congrats on the 995!