My boys at work...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Jan 5, 2008.

1. 23 seconds of pure beauty to my eyes and ears (some people may find it annoying) lol.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_aUSmfz0k[/ame]

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

There was a song out something like whenever I hear them I hear a symphony. I love the sound of horns, sirens, and the roar of heavy diesel engines. Brings back memories :wink: :D

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

'95, that your crew?

:) good onya, and them, thanks for the service!!

4. Ari

Ari Guest

5. I rode with them for a while, but they weren't my permanent crew unfortunately. I'd love to run out of that house; second busiest in the county, average 15 calls a day. They run an ambulance, an engine, and a Tower with a 103' stick on top :).

6. be honest, your the hose boy, you get to flatten and repack the hoses after the real firefighters get the job done huh? I was a cadet years ago, it was the most work and most fun I've had in my life I think.

7. haha nah... i was when I started, but we have enough rookies and I have enough seniority I don't "have" to. I still do (don't order your men to do anything you won't do yourself), but it's more fun now that I do it by choice (and if I'm really tired I'll skip it) lol.

8. Oh, and

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJq-1on36z4[/ame]

They're cocky, arrogant, and aggressive, but they get the job done.

9. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFfO4D9QXQk[/ame]

There's my sound. Powercall AND the Federal Q going. Now they just need some air horn in there... I need to find a video with all 3 lol.

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Here is a pic of my last major fire 5 Sept 2001 this is 2 auto dealerships one had 17 antique auto worth well over a million dollars involved at about 430 am i was the radio operator at the station and this fire was about 500 yards from that station so I got a good view of the whole deal. When we got toned out it was around 4am. I live behind the station and you could see flames OVER the tree tops. you can see 2 towers in the picture both are mutual aid units that were called in [ 1 is automatic in a structure fire]. The chief was working when the tone went off [he was actually sitting in his truck eating about a 1/2 mile away and saw the glow and called for the 2nd tower even before he was on scene.]

[​IMG]

11. I love that sound! I remember my first fire as a volunteer... when the tones went out on my radio I was ready to go. Middle of the night, got up, was dressed and in my turn outs in about 3 mintues... My brother *my Captain at the time, made Chief about 3 months later* rolled up to the house as I was walking out the door... We rolled 3 blocks to the station and he jumped in the Chiefs truck as I jumped in the engine with the other guys and we rolled out... What a rush!!!!!!!

12. When I was home for a week stopped by the firehouse... few hours later we get dispatched on a smoke in the building call... one minute later it's upgraded to "High-occupancy structure fire". Nearly messed my pants along with the other guys in the engine. Turned out to be BS, but MAN what a call I was almost first-in on.