Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My boys in a box...

Its both.. my daily and transport.. I figured I would kill 2 birds with 1... round? lol!

..and thanks Believer!

-not bad for an aluminum tool case from Harbor Freight for $24 and high density foam from the craft store (on sale) for $9.
8)

·
Registered
222 Posts

Very nice. I like the case. I used a Vaultz CD case for a .25 one time. Put the gray electronics road case foam in and cut it to fit. It worked out well as a daily carry case since the CD cases they make lock. It only cost me around $15 at the time. The big cases are only $20 at Wal-Mart now. Was thinking of putting my C9 in one. Am going to wait until I get a C9 Comp tho. Then I can put them both in one. They are a nicer case than the plastic ones and the cheap cases u get for $40 at Gander Mtn.

·
Registered
222 Posts

What is that you have on the grips?

P.S. you gave me a great idea for making slips for my mags...i have wanted to do it for a while but now i know i can get some foam from the craft store.

·
Registered
17,728 Posts

Good lookin' case!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

What is that you have on the grips?
P.S. you gave me a great idea for making slips for my mags...i have wanted to do it for a while but now i know i can get some foam from the craft store.
995Rookie - its High Density Foam, comes in different thicknesses and you pay for only the size you specify..look for coupons to cut the cost.

and on my grips I used the bicycle inner tube trick, but I put on 1 layer, then slipped on a couple of my sister's ponytail holder hairbands on it to make an extra ridge that fit right in my palm between my middle finger and the ring finger (another member used aquarium air tubing, but I didnt have any), then another layer of inner tube on top of that, then thin strips of inner tube to give it that 'ribbed' feel like a Taurus PT 24/7.. at least that was my idea.. feels good to hold, natural fit.. (somehow that sounds like an ad for something else.. oh no..)
Now I will advise that you load a full mag in it and let it sit for a couple days so the tube stretches to fit a little looser - when I first loaded a full mag and went to eject it it didn't fall out as usual, it stopped halfway.. but that's just my experience with it. Ever since then its been normal operation.

Thanks all you guys!

·
Registered
222 Posts

very nice! I'm going to have to go to the hardware store and find something like that I can use.

by the way- after reading the title of this thread all I could think about was this:
ROFLMFAO. I hadn't ever seen that. That's f-n hillarious!

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

brgotch -
Thanks! and I hope you didn't
here like I did UNLESS you were watching
like I was ... :embarrassed2:

I hope we can all say
by the end of the day...

noname -
keep roflYao.. I love those short vids from SNL too!

wow.. did I just start a trend in talking 'hyperlink'? I hope not.. Budddha, out.... 8)
-man, what a way to start my work day, I probably got flagged by the network security guys for going to those links.. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.