my c9 sight

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by oldnoob, Apr 2, 2008.

1. well, when i first get my c9 after about 50 to 100rd, i decide to try out the ghost ring sight. loved it. about 2500rd, grouping in 3-4 inch in 30ft. about 2 weeks ago i when to range with my girlfriend's little brother. he make the comment about the ghost sight is hard to see, and i should swap back to 3 dots sight for the reason most other guns use 3 dots sight. make sense to me... at that time. after about 400rd now, i can't hit sh!t in 20ft!!! what the hell is wrong with me? i even miss my 8x11 target couple shots. well, that's it, i'm swapping back to my ghost sight and either today or friday i'll be back to range to sight it in. wish me luck.

2. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    What is the procedure for sighting in a handgun? I use a laser boresight to sight my rifles, but not sure about the pistols. My others have non-adjustable sights.

I couldn't hit the broad side of a fat chick until I got my C9. I love this gun and plan to buy another real soon.

3. I used a bore sight from Wally-World to get it close at about 10-12 yards. Then made minor adjustments at the range.

Oh, by the way, I am using the ghost ring on my C9 and CF380. For me, it just seems to work better. The ring seems to help my left/right sighting compared to the original sight. I've been thinking of putting a very small amount of bright paint on the points inside. Might make it a little better in low light.

4. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    My laser boresight is too long to function correctly in the C9. Any other ideas?

5. I was told that you can start at 3 yards and sight it in. Then move out to 7 yards and when you are satisfied, move out to 15 yards.
    After that you should be good to hit a freckle on a flea at 20 yards. :)

I have no patience so I bought a pistol laser bore sight. I think it was $40 or so. It was a great help when I installed the laser on my CF380.

6. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    I will probably take mine to a local shop and have them do it. Thanks for the advice.

7. I'M BACK BITCHES!!! i didn't even need to fine tune my ghost sight. it was right on dot as i put in. lucky me.

32 round, 4 mag, almost all in 4 inches. 25ft.
    [​IMG]

7 round, 1 mag(i didn't load all 8 ), 25ft, double tap.
    [​IMG]

I LOVE GHOST RING SIGHT!!!!!

8. i do the old and stupid way to sight my c9. no laser nothing. just me, my c9, 200 round of cheap ammo, and whole lots time.

first from 5ft, shoot at least 20rd. fine tune every shot.

7ft, shoot at least 40rd at 2 dots about 10 inches apart (left, right, left, right). fine tune every two shots.

7ft, at least 30rd at 2 dots, 10 inches apart(up, down, up, down), fine tune every 2 shots.

20ft, shoot at least 50rd at a dots. fine tune ever mag.

30ft, at least 4 mag to test out the resolve.

9. gunnut

gunnut Member

Indy
    That sounds expensive, but if it works...

10. it's really fun and me feel good to do it myself.