Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I orderd these on Monday night on their website and I got them Wed :shock: fast isn't the word ...maybe lightning :wink:

Oh and I put innertube on the mags for grip :!:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just got one of the 10 rounders for my C9 I do like the "feel" of them

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thats Amazing! I dont know if you have shot the 10 rd mags yet but do they work just fine? I know the hi cap mags for the 995 have had lots of problems.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did have to adjust the feed lips but now the feed just fine ... in fact I shoot IDPA with them... it irritates some of the guys when I win the quick draw with my C9

·
Registered
222 Posts
I guess i will have to pick some of those up...i may need some help with adjusting the feed lips but i can always search around on here

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All you need is a dial caliper or digital.. and needle nose plyers and maybe some 500 grit sand paper for polishing.

Diagrams below

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think I like the look of the 8 round mags better. Do the 10 rounders drop out easier when you hit the release? I filed the mag lockout so that the 8s would drop easy. Do you have to pull the empty mags to get them all the way out or just hit the release and catch it when ur loading a fresh mag?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I always feel that if I can't hit it in 8 shots, I either shouldn't be shooting at it or I need backup. Plus that's what an AK-47 is for.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I usually carry one extra mag. As of right now, I don't have any for the C9. So just the 8 rounds. I figure for most situations 2 will do. a warning shot if necessary and fire for effect. I guess that depends on what situation you are looking at though. That's also why I'm getting more mags for it. I don't usually expect too much of an exciting day though.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I think I like the look of the 8 round mags better. Do the 10 rounders drop out easier when you hit the release? I filed the mag lockout so that the 8s would drop easy. Do you have to pull the empty mags to get them all the way out or just hit the release and catch it when ur loading a fresh mag?
I have 3 8's and a 10. They all pop on release but then hang up and have to pull them out. But, every once in a while they come flying out to the ground cause I wasn't ready. LOL I'm hoping they loosen up with use.

I just adjusted one of my magazines and what a difference just loading the ammunition. It was .330 in the back and .365 at the nose. Gotta check the other three. Hope I can get to the range this weekend. The range I belong to is only open 3 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday in the winter. Bring your own snow shovel. LOL

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have 3 8's and a 10. They all pop on release but then hang up and have to pull them out. But, every once in a while they come flying out to the ground cause I wasn't ready. LOL I'm hoping they loosen up with use.
I prefer the consistancy of mine. It was hanging up like yours and every once in a while dropping the mag fully. I took the right grip off, carefully so as to not lose the little screw, and removed the mag lockout. I wanted to keep the function for safety, but I knew that it was puting too much pressure to allow the mag to fully drop, so I filed the rounded part of thelittle devil smooth and shiney. It works like a champ now. It drops the mag right into my hand when I hit the release. I would say it drops easily enough to be quickly reloaded for competition. Just file it a little at a time and see how it works. A good frame of reference is when the black paint comes off of the round part, check it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.