my Carbine 995TS

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by detroitgunner, Jan 25, 2010.

1. detroitgunner

detroitgunner Member

hello everyone im a new owner of the hipoint 995TS carbine i actually just bought it a month ago and just finally got to shot it yesterday at the gun range (i know thats very long) and i must say i am very pleased with this carbine its accurate, reliable, and low recoil (which the reviews sum it up as well)

well i was at my local shooting range Sunday and was testing out my hipoint along with my yukon sight and the only problem i had that was my sight is off by quite a bit, when ever i aim higher on the target from the sight i would hit my mark but if i am directly on the target i wanna hit it gets hit alot lower. so i figured of course my sight needs to be adjusted, what is a good way to know my adjustments are on point, because i took the factory sights off the front and the rear. also i belive my location of the sight is kinda a little to far away from me, heres a few pictures if you think the sight needs to come back more to the stock then being that far away. also if anyone has any good suggestions please post. i am new to the fourms but have read multiple threads before joining and this seems like a great commuinty
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. av6g6

av6g6 Member

Personally I have my sight further back. To site mine in though I just shot three shot groups to see where it was hitting and just moved it in the increments listed on my scope to get it dead center.

3. detroitgunner

detroitgunner Member

yeah myself i want my sights further back as well, i guess the dumbass at dunhams thought it was good that way, do you think if i pull it back further it would be the right accuracy due to replacement? if i had to guess from yesterday when i was shooting it was about 1-3inches lower off target

4. 0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT Member

First, welcome to the forum.

Now, you obviously have to sight in the optic for the firearm you're attaching it to... You can't just slap something on the top and expect it to be zeroed. The best way to get on target fast is to boresight it first, and then take it to the range and fine-tune the adjustments. You can bore sight it yourself or have someone else do it if you don't want to buy and learn to use the equipment.

And as a reflex sight, it doesn't matter how far you place that particular sight away from your face... It would simply be a matter of preference. In my opinion, it looks to be about the right distance from the shooter. Positioning it on the rail too close to your eyes makes both-eyes-open shooting (what a reflex sight is designed for) more difficult and "unnatural" feeling.

5. I agree with Outcast. While there is some personal preference to positioning of a reflex sight. The more common location is forward of, or directly above, the shell ejection port. I have the same sights on my 995 and have never had a problem sighting them in. What yardage are you trying to sight in at? Are you shooting off hand or from bench rests? Always sight in from a bench and fire 3 shot groups to get a true picture of where the shot are flying.
    [​IMG]

6. detroitgunner

detroitgunner Member

wow thanks for the tip and yeah thats amazing we have the same sight! lol i really never have any time go to the range and to adjust things on it i think i should just leave my carbine with the guy for a couple hours at the range and him excatly zero it out the correct way, BTW i love your foregrip ill be ordering my soon thanks for the advice as well. :D

7. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    right out the box before sighting in weapon ! i love it !!

8. Gotta agree with everything said here. ^^^^^

The sight is supposed to be used with both eyes open, so the closer it is, thbe harder it is to do that. I'd leave it where it is.

Small adjustments to get it zero'd should be real easy to get sighted in.

I also have the same sight, just not on my 995.

Welcome !